MIAMI VALLEY — High water and flooding reports continued to come in as heavy rain fell in the Miami Valley the past two days.
With water across the roadway, drivers cannot always determine the depth of the water or the condition of the road under the water, the Ohio Department of Transportation said.
Six inches of moving water can knock a person down and a mere two feet of water can move a large vehicle.
LOCAL WEATHER: Track the latest conditions with Live Doppler 7 Radar
The following roads are some of those affected because of flooding as of 11:45 a.m. Friday:
- Runkle Road between Ohio 235 and West Road
- Kiser Lake Road between Smith and Ward roads
- Clark Road at Route 296 and Herr Road
- Craig Road between Old 70 Road and East Pitchin Road
- Union Road
- Tillie Lane
- Lower Valley Pike from I-675 to Route 369
- Spangler Road between I-675 and Lower Valley Pike
- Snider Road between Lower Valley Pike and Mad River Twp.
- St Paris Pike south of Baker Road to Mad River
- Upper Valley Pike between Old Columbus Road and U.S. 40
- Upper Valley Pike between Shrine Road and Creekwood Court
- Several near Greenville, Versailles, Gettysburg and Palastine
- Hunter Road at Ohio 118
- Main Street between Spring Valley Painters Road and Paintersville New Jasper Road
- Ohio 725 near Bellbrook and Sackett Wright Park
- Stewart Road between Washington Mill and Mead roads
- Washington Mill between Stringview and Graff Mill Roads
- Hilltop at Fairgrounds is not closed, but there is high water
- Several roads at Russells Point
- State Route 571 closed at state Route 202 near Tipp City
- Tipp-Elizabeth Road at state Route 202 near Tipp City
- Swailes Road at County Road 25A in Troy
- Swailes Road near Creekwood Drive in Troy
- Alcony-Conover Road at U.S. 36
- Troy-Sidney and Loy roads in Springcreek Twp.
- State Route 41 west of state Route 201 in Elizabeth Twp.
- Canal Road in Tipp City
- Martindale Road at the Stillwater River
- Old Springfield Road
- 5000 Middletown Road at the covered bridge, between Waynesville and Corwin Roads
- The 5700 block of Corwin Road in Waynesville
- Bike Trail near Ohio 350 in Washington Twp.
- Glosser Road, between Main Street and Cincinnati Avenue in Lebanon
- Franklin Trenton Road, between South Avenue and Hobart Avenue
- Davis Road, between Old 3C and Miami Drive
- Several roads in Fountain City
- Several roads in the Abington area
- Waterfall Road near Springwood Park
- A travel advisory has been issued due to ponding water and localized flooding until noon Friday.
The rising waters, caused by the heavy rain moving into the area, along with already saturated grounds, has many residents in Greene County concerned, especially near Caesar’s Creek in Xenia Twp.
Seth Moore, who lives on U.S. 68 near Caesar’s Creek already has a plan in place for when the water levels start to rise, including a canoe if they need to leave.