Local

Dog rescued, house damaged by dryer fire in Dayton

DAYTON — A house is damaged and dog rescued following a dryer fire in Dayton Saturday night.

>>PHOTOS: House damaged following fire in Dayton

Dayton firefighters and medics were dispatched around 7:08 p.m. to the 1200 block of Wyoming Street, Montgomery County Regional dispatchers told News Center 7.

“When we arrived, we had fire coming out of the back of the house, first and second floor,” said Fred Haney, Dayton Fire District Chief. “Early indications are that the fire started in the dryer area near the vents. The lint had gotten clogged up.”

A dog was also inside the house when the fire started but Haney said it was rescued.

>>Child, 2 others flown to area hospitals after Springfield explosion

He said it was a good idea for people to check your dryer vents regularly.

“Clean the lint out of your dryer vent,” said Haney. “It can catch on fire.”

Images from the scene show damage to the back of the house on both the first and second floors.

No injuries were reported.


0
Comments on this article