Traffic issues can be reported by calling our newsroom at (937) 259-2237 or tweeting @WHIOTraffic.
Traffic conditions are updated every six minutes on AM 1290 and NEWS 95.7 WHIO.
Major Highway Incidents
- No accidents to report at this time.
Surface Street Incidents
- Horrell Road at Olive Road in Trotwood, blocked because of a car fire that spread to a nearby garage.
» RELATED: WHIO Weather App
» RELATED: Track the latest conditions in your neighborhood on our live WHIO Doppler 7 HD Interactive Radar
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
Live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.
- National Road and Dixie Drive in Vandalia, traffic control will occur at the intersection on March 20 from 8:45 a.m. until the early afternoon. Crews will be replacing the signal control device, which will require the traffic signal to be inoperable for two to four hours.
- On Washington Street in Dayton, between the U.S. 35 west exit and South Perry Street, a major reconstruction project will block parts of Washington Street into 2020. Phase one of the project blocks westbound traffic starting at South Jefferson Street. Traffic from the U.S. 35 West exit ramp will be diverted north onto South Jefferson Street towards downtown Dayton. Drivers can access South Main and South Ludlow streets from West Fifth Street.
- Foley Drive between Bristol Drive and National Road, ROAD CLOSURE, beginning Monday, Mar. 4 until the end of June. The work will be a total rebuild of Foley Drive and will consist of replacing water lines, sewer lines, gravel base, catch basins, curbs and driveway approaches. More information is available here.
- Keowee Street north of Stanley Avenue, the bridge remains closed. The official detour is Keowee to Stanley to I-75 to Wagner Ford Road and back to Dixie. More information is available here.
- State Route 48 between First and Riverdale streets, the lane closure continues through April 1. One lane in each direction will remain open. Both lanes of traffic will operate on the west side of the bridge; the east side will be closed.
- I-70, between U.S. 68 and 72, the traffic pattern shifts Sept. 24 through August to the outside portion of the interstate. Two lanes are available in each direction with reduced lane width.
- Sweitzer/West Fourth streets between Pine and Sycamore streets, ROAD CLOSURE continues through May 31, 2019. The official detour is Pine Street to Washington Avenue to Broadway.
- SR 235 between Ash Avenue and Lake Drive, BRIDGE CLOSURE March 11 - May 11. The official detour is: SR 235 to SR 366 to US 33 north to SR 385 east to SR 117 to SR 235.