Traffic issues can be reported by calling our newsroom at 937-259-2237 or tweeting @WHIOTraffic.
Traffic conditions are updated every six minutes on AM 1290 and NEWS 95.7 WHIO.
Major Highway Incidents
Surface Street Incidents
- On Trotwood Boulevard and South Broadway Avenue in Trotwood, a vehicle hit a tree around 1:40 a.m. Police, medics responded to the scene.
- In the 4100 block of East Third Street in Dayton, a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle around 1:30 a.m. The individual struck did not report any injuries, according to officials.
»RELATED: WHIO Weather App
» RELATED: Track the latest conditions in your neighborhood on our live WHIO Doppler 7 HD Interactive Radar
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
Live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.
- Shull Road between State Route 201 and Bellefontaine Road in Huber Heights, ROAD CLOSURE beginning Mon. Oct. 29 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. until mid-November.
- Airway Road between the Woodman Drive intersection east to the county line, Lane closures beginning Mon. Oct. 29 until mid-November. The road will remain open to traffic during construction. but two lanes will be closed.
- Fishburg Road in Huber Heights will be closed beginning Oct. 22 through Nov. 30, from Endicott to Rip Rap roads, to replace the bridge located 350 feet west of Endicott. Traffic will be detoured to Chambersburg Road and local traffic will be maintained.
- Burkhardt Avenue and South Smithville Road in Dayton, ROAD CLOSURE continues through Tuesday, Oct., at approximately 1 p.m. for gas line reconstruction. Detours will be posted.
- Woodman Drive between Wilmington Pike and Stroop Road in Kettering, ROAD CLOSURE Sept. 4 - November 2018 for reconstruction of a deteriorating bridge over the Little Beaver Creek. Drivers who frequently use this section of Woodman Drive are being asked to plan alternate routes. More information is available here.
- McEwen Road Bridge over Holes Creek in Washington Twp. will be closed for reconstruction, continuing until approximately Nov. 30. More information and detours are available here.
- On West Wenger Road in Englewood, contractors will begin a water main replacement. One lane of traffic will be maintained in either direction on West Wenger between Fallview Avenue and Arcadia Boulevard. Approximately 1,000 feet of water main will be replaced, Englewood police said.
- Valley Street between Stanley Avenue and Brandt Street will be closed for reconstruction through late October. This is the first phase of a project to reconstruct Valley Street from Stanley Avenue to Rita Street.
- Keowee Street north of Stanley Avenue, the bridge will be closed until 2019. The official detour is Keowee Street to Stanley Avenue to I-75 to Wagner Ford Road and back to Dixie. More information is available here.
- State Route 48 between First Street and Riverdale Street, Lane closure continues through April 1, 2019. One lane in each direction will remain open.
- Shakertown Road, east of Grange Hall Road in Beavercreek, ROAD CLOSURE starting Oct. 8, 2018, for approximately 14 days for culvert replacement work. Detours will be posted.
- In Fairborn, crews are scheduled to begin paving the intersection of Colonel Glenn Highway and North Fairfield Road. This will cause delays in the area.
- State Route 235 between Dayton Yellow Springs and Enon Roads, ROAD CLOSURE for six months. The official detour is U.S. 68, West Hyde, and West Enon Roads.
- SR 66 between Ziegler Road and Hardin Road, ROAD CLOSURE Oct. 22 - Nov. 19. The official detour is: US 36 to SR 185 to SR 48 to SRR 66.
- Looney Road between US 36 and Patrizio Place, ROAD CLOSURE Sept. 5 - Nov. 30. The official detour is: Garby Road to North County Road 25A to US 36 to Looney Road to Garby Road.
- Garby Road between Kienle Road and Centre Court, ROAD CLOSURE Sept. 5 - Nov. 30. The official detour is: US 36 to County Road 25A to Main Street.
- Garbry Road between Centre Court and Looney Road, ROAD CLOSURE July 10 - Nov. 30. The official detour is Garbry Toad to North County Road 25A to U.S. 36 to Looney Road to Garbry Road.
- SR 503 between Dull Road and Hursch Road, ROAD CLOSURE Nov. 11 - 16. The official detour is: SR 722 to US 127.
- Sweitzer/West Fourth streets between Pine and Sycamore streets, ROAD CLOSURE continues through May 31, 2019. The official detour is Pine Street to Washington Avenue to Broadway.
- State Route 47 between Fifth and Wilkinson avenues, lane closures Jan. 21 - Nov. 27. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
- SR 814 between Stone Quarry and SR 296, BRIDGE CLOSURE Oct. 22 - Nov. 12. The official detour is US 36 to US 68 to SR 296.
- Neff Road between Old Troy Pike and Nettle Creek Road, ROAD CLOSURE beginning Aug. 13 for approximately 10 weeks for the installation of a 54-foot concrete box beam bridge.
Trending - Most Read Stories