log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Sunday, August 18, 2019 @ 8:25 AM
Updated: Sunday, August 18, 2019 @ 9:25 AM
By: Breaking News Staff
DAYTON — A mother and son will be displaced by the Red Cross as a result of a fire Sunday morning at their house in the 1100 block of Cicilion Avenue, District Chief Paul Raisch said.
Crews responded around 7:45 a.m. and “found fire burned through the roof already.”
Initial reports indicated crews went defensive to take down the fire.
“Due to another incident, crews had to come from a farther distance to get here so it took them a little bit longer but they did a good job once they got here,” Raisch said.
Raisch said the homeowner reported the fire started in the laundry room due to a malfunctioning baseboard heater.
They told crews they planned to get it serviced tomorrow after previously noticing it was hot when not turned on.