log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, June 07, 2018 @ 12:57 PM
Updated: Friday, June 08, 2018 @ 7:51 PM
By: Breaking News Staff
VANDALIA — UPDATE @ 7:50 p.m. (June 8):
The cause of fire was due to a vent fan motor that seized up and over heat - which caught fire and spread to the roofing materials, Vandalia fire chief confirmed.
No dollar loss estimate has been announced, and it is unknown on how long repairs will take.
UPDATE @ 1:40 p.m.: A malfunction with a machinery is suspected of causing the fire that has closed the Burger King on East National Road and forced the evacuation of customers and employees, the Vandalia fire chief said.
A passer-by came into the fast-food restaurant and told employees the roof was on fire, the chief said.
The more than 20 customers and employees escaped without injury.
OTHER LOCAL NEWS: See dash cam video of Dayton police shooting
The chief said the malfunction sent fire to the roof. He could not put a dollar estimate on the damage.
The location is closed until further notice, the chief said.
Crews are on the scene of a structure fire reported in the kitchen at the Burger King in the 300 block of East National Road.
The incident was dispatched about 12:40 p.m. and there is word about an evacuation. No injuries have been reported.
Traffic on East National Road is being blocked until further notice.
We have a crew on the way.