TROTWOOD — Fire crews responded to a house fire in Trotwood that was reported early Friday morning.
According to emergency scanner traffic, crews were called to the cross of Mapleside Drive and Vaniman Avenue around 2:33 a.m.
Video from the scene shows the house fully engulfed in flames as crews dowse the fire.
The owner of the home, Gary White, told us he had to crawl out of the back of the house to save himself.
Our crews on scene report that White’s dog of eight years, Romeo, died in the fire.
Further details have not been made available at this time.
We will update this story once we learn more.
©2022 Cox Media Group