Christmas Eve fire destroys Waynesville-area home 

Published: Monday, December 24, 2018 @ 3:58 PM
Updated: Monday, December 24, 2018 @ 7:40 PM

Fire destroys a home in Waynesville

A fire destroyed a home and two vehicles Christmas Eve near Waynesville.

When crews were dispatched shortly before 4:30 p.m., the tri-level house in the 8500 block of Wilson Road was reportedly engulfed.

>> Family’s Christmas tree untouched after apartment fire in Dayton

Content Continues Below

A Waynesville fire captain said the fire was started by an unattended electric smoker in the garage.

Everyone made it out, and there were no injuries, the fire captain said.

>> 19-year-old arrested after Wapakoneta apartment building fire that displaces dozens

Two vehicles in the driveway, a Ford Fusion and Ford F-150 also were likely destroyed.

Damage estimates were not immediately available.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com.