Power restored to majority of Celina customers after severe storms cause massive power outage

Published: Monday, May 27, 2019 @ 11:48 PM
Updated: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 @ 9:11 AM

Extensive damage in Celina

UPDATE @9:10 a.m.

One person is dead in Mercer County, according to officials.

Update@6:16 a.m.

Content Continues Below

Power has been restored to about 75 percent of customers in Celina. The remaining 25 percent in the northwest section of town will remain off until damaged structures are disconnected and utility infrastructure has been repaired, officials said. 

>> Weather service to review damage; asks for public input

>> DP&L: Power restoration will take days

>> Tornado damage: Vectren to shut down gas service to large areas

>> American Red Cross emergency shelter locations for those displaced by tornadoes

>> Montgomery County water customers asked to conserve during widespread power outage

First report:

The Celina Police Department is asking people to please avoid coming into the city because of the damage from Monday night's tornado. 

There are live wires and lots of damage and the police department is cutting traffic to the city until further notice.