log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 @ 6:54 PM
HARRISON TWP. — Seven people, including three children, suffered carbon monoxide poisoning after CO inside their home tested at nearly seven times the safe level.
Crews were called around 11:50 a.m. Tuesday to a home in the 4400 block of Canyon Road in Harrison Twp.
It is one of more than 20 calls for service to the same address in the last year, according to the Montgomery County Regional Dispatch Center.
All but seven of the 20 calls happened before the family said they moved in around Memorial Day. Following are the other six calls linked to some of the people sickened by CO.
May 20: A woman reported that a neighbor told her a female was trying to break into her home while she was not there. When deputies arrived, no one was there and the house “appeared as secure as it can be for being under renovation.”
May 22: A woman reported that neighbors told her that two women are staying at her house and selling drugs. She said no one was supposed to be in the house. When deputies responded, no one appeared to be there.
June 6: A bystander reported possible looting after seeing two men and a woman carrying items out of the house. The resident confirmed to deputies they had permission to be there, but that she did not know who they were or their names.
Aug. 24: Deputies responded to a domestic violence incident after a man reported that a woman tried to hit him with a hammer, that she was carrying a gun and had meth on her before she left in a car. According to the call log, the woman was taken into custody.
Aug. 25: A neighbor reported that two women and a man were arguing, yelling and screaming at each other outside. One woman wanted to pick up some property but the man said he was going to destroy whatever she did not take. Deputies told him to leave her items alone.