Crime And Law

Records: Contractor accused of leaving threats at Wayne HS said ‘there would be a school shooting’

HUBER HEIGHTS — New video obtained in a News Center 7 public records request shows what district officials say is a former YWCA Dayton contractor leaving threatening notes in parts of the school Tuesday.

>>PREVIOUS REPORT: Contractor arrested, accused of leaving threatening letters at Wayne High School

Aisha Traylor, 39, was charged with felony inducing panic after police and district officials investigated threats at the high school Tuesday, according to court records.

In three videos released by the district in the records requests shows Traylor leaving the areas where the threatening letters were found moments before they were discovered, according to a district spokesperson.

One video shows Traylor signing-in for the day in an office and places a note on the counter and moves it closer to a computer, a district spokesperson said.

Another clip shows Traylor entering and exiting a restroom before a threatening note was found on the floor, according to the school district. A third clip shows Traylor leaving a classroom, walking to a part of a hallway not covered by video, and walking back into the classroom.

District officials said a note was found in the corner.

The notes left behind indicated there would “be a school shooting a lunch,” according to court records.

Traylor was identified as a contractor working in a program partnership between the district and YWCA Dayton. She was part of a program working with freshman students on “social-emotional learning,” district Superintendent Kelley Spivey said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

Traylor was removed from the school, questioned by police, and later arrested, Huber Heights police said Tuesday. She remains in the Montgomery County Jail Thursday, according to online jail records.

Traylor’s bond was set at $100,000 Thursday, online court records show.

Traylor was terminated from her job at the YWCA after the investigation, Shannon Isom, President and CEO of YWCA Dayton said in a statement to News Center 7 Wednesday.

“This individual’s employment was immediately terminated and we continue to work in close cooperation with Huber Heights City Schools to ensure their students and staff are, and feel, safe and supported. It has been determined that there was, at no point, an actual, credible threat to the safety of students, staff or the school, and we appreciate the quick actions of administrators and law enforcement,” Isom said in the statement.

Following the investigation and Traylor’s arrest Tuesday, the school district paused the program partnership until the district and YWCA can talk further.

“Right now, we have put the program on pause until we can debrief with both our administration and the YWCA’s leadership,” the HHCS district spokesperson said.

Six individuals are part of the YWCA program that come into the school one day a week and stay the entire day, the district spokesperson said. Four of those people teach workshops and two are program managers.

The program is part of a memorandum of understanding between the district and YWCA. The MOU runs through the end of the 2022 fiscal year, the district spokesperson said.

Comments on this article