Recipients of SNAP food assistance who lost power for four hours or more during the Memorial Day tornadoes have until Thursday to apply for replacement benefits.
The application for benefits can be found here. Benefits will be loaded onto the applicant's card within 7-10 days, Kevin Lavoie, a Montgomery County Jobs and Family Services spokesman, said Tuesday.
“So far we have received about 2,400 applications,” he said. “Our staff is working overtime to make sure we get them all processed.”
The form can be returned to Family Assistance at the Job Center, 1111 S. Edwin Moses Blvd. in Dayton, faxed to 937-496-3306 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can get help with the application at these locations:
- EC Doren Library: 701 Troy St., 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Furst Florist: 1306 Troy St., 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday
- New City Blast Center: 2437 Ontario Ave., 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday
- The Arena: 4515 Salem Ave., 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday
- Harrison Twp Community Center: 5945 Dixie Drive, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday only
Additional information can be found on Montgomery County's website.