The Centerville Police Department has determined the top five roadways with the highest accident rates based off traffic volume, according to their 2019 second quarter traffic analysis.
- Wilmington Pike between Whipp Road and Clyo Road
- South Main Street between Spring Valley Road and Franklin Street
- East Franklin Street between Main Street and Clyo Road
- Far Hills Avenue between Whipp Road and Alex Bell Road
- North Main Street between Alex Bell Road and Franklin Street
During the third quarter of 2019, select enforcement will be conducted in these areas to reduce the number of accidents.
Moving violations such as speed, assured clear distance ahead, improper lane changes, red light violations, driver inattention and seat belt violations will be strictly enforced.