Dog dies after fire breaks out in Dayton apartment

DAYTON — A family dog died after a fire broke out in an apartment on Dugger Drive Saturday evening.

Fire crews are responded to an accidental kitchen fire on the 4700 block of Dugger Driver just after 6:30 p.m.

District Chief Peter Whitby told News Center 7 that there was heavy fire coming from one of the units when crews arrived.

Fire crews were able to keep the fire contained to the unit it originated in. Still, 4 of the surrounding units were affected with light smoke. 3 neighboring units were displaced due to substantial smoke damage.

Residents were inside when the fire started, but were able to evacuate. No injuries were reported.

Comments on this article