Prior to coming to Cedarville, Dr. Clauson served as Assistant Commissioner, Department of Finance and Administration, State of West Virginia; and County Administrator, Wayne County, West Virginia.
His research interests include intellectual history, history of political and economic thought, church history, the history of philosophical and theological anthropology in relation to political thought, markets and social justice, and constitutionalism.
He is a member of the American Political Science Association, Southern Economic Association, Values and Capitalism Forum of the American Enterprise Institute, History of Science Society, and is a Fellow with the Nehemiah Institute. Dr. Clauson is ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America.
- Ph.D. in History, University of the Orange Free State, RSA
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law
- Th.M., Liberty University
- M.A., in Church History, Liberty University
- M.A. in Political Science, Marshall University
- B.S. in Physics, Marshall University
©2022 Cox Media Group