XENIA — Greene County Pubic Health announced they will be applying adulticide tonight for mosquito control from 9 p.m. through midnight, according to a media release.
This will occur in the following areas, weather permitting:
- Massie, Cato, and Kylemore Drives in Xenia
- Rotary Park in Beavercreek
- Angel’s Pass Park in Beavercreek
- Willowcrest/Riverhills Dr. in Beavercreek
- Cemex Park in Fairborn
- Rona Hills Park (and surrounding community) in Fairborn
- Faircreek Park in Fairborn
- Seaman Park (and the adjacent bike path) in Jamestown
Application will take place shortly before sundown and continue for approximately 90 minutes while evening temperatures are above 60 degree, with calm winds and dry conditions, the release said.
Residents are asked not to follow behind the sprayer unless absolutely necessary and maintain a minimum of 200 feet clearance behind their vehicle but if that is not possible, please close all windows in you vehicle and turn the air conditioning control to the max.
Greene Public Health says this will help minimize any unwanted exposures.
©2022 Cox Media Group