DAYTON — A Dayton man accused of sexually abusing a woman for hours is facing charges.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WHIO-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Justin Woodard, 43, was charged on Wednesday with one count each of rape and kidnapping, according to Dayton Municipal Court records.
TRENDING STORIES:
- Increased rain, storm chances bring potential for more flooding concerns
- Springfield mayor confirms ICE activity within city, says agency indicated enforcement will continue
- 3 killed, 4 injured after crash involving semi, OSHP says
The charges stem from an alleged assault on Brookline Avenue on Aug. 14.
A woman told police she and her friend met with Woodard and a friend of his earlier in the night, according to an affidavit and statement of facts.
They all decided to go back with Woodard to a home in the 2000 block of Brookline Avenue.
At some point, the woman fell asleep and was later woken up by her friend.
Once awake, the woman said Woodard pointed a gun at her and sexually assaulted her “repeatedly for hours.”
The woman claimed he also repeatedly hit him in the head and face and told her “that the only way she was leaving was in a body bag.”
The woman was able to get up and run from the home after a brief struggle with Woodard on the stairs, court records state. While running away, she found a male bystander who stayed with her until police arrived.
Police said Woodard drove off from the scene and has still not been caught.
There’s a warrant filed for his arrest.
[SIGN UP: WHIO-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]