log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, October 26, 2017 @ 11:34 AM
— 1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions below, The Ellen DeGeneres Show Watch and Win Trip Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) residents of the state of Ohio and Indiana who are twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry and reside in the following counties: Randolph, Union, or Wayne County in Indiana; Auglaize, Butler, Champaign, Clark, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Highland, Logan, Mercer, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, or Warren Counties in Ohio. Employees of Miami Valley Broadcasting Corporation d/b/a WHIO-TV (“Sponsor”), Cox Radio, Inc., WAD Productions, Warner Bros. Television, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter: The Sweepstakes will begin at 4:00 a.m. Eastern Standard time (“EST”) on October 30, 2017, and end at 9:00 a.m. EST on November 14, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
To enter, watch Sponsor’s broadcast of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (the “Ellen Show”) from 4:00 p.m. EST to 5:00 p.m. EST each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period. Each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will announce The Ellen DeGeneres Show Watch and Win Keyword during that weekday’s broadcast (each, a “Keyword”). There is a total of ten (10) unique keywords.
After learning the day’s Keyword, listen to the following day’s radio broadcast of “New Country Mornings with Nancy and Frye Guy” radio broadcast (the “Radio Show”) from 5:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 a.m. EST each weekday (October 31 through November 14) during the Sweepstakes Period. Starting October 31, 2017, each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period at approximately 7:15 a.m. EST, Sponsor will announce a cue to call for the previous day’s Ellen Show Keyword (the “Cue”). When you hear the Cue, call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line at 937-457-0991 to try to be the ninth caller. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the ninth person to call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line with the correct Keyword, as solely determined by Sponsor, will become a Qualifier. The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects.
Enter as often as you like, provided that automatic telephone dialing equipment or other software or computer assisted dialing equipment is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this Sweepstakes, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Sweepstakes Line or for a participant’s failure to reach the Sweepstakes Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during a call-in period of the Sweepstakes prior to accepting the ninth caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air a call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity and the number of Qualifiers opportunities awarded in this Sweepstakes will be reduced accordingly. If a ninth caller is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term of condition of these Official Rules, that caller will be disqualified and no Qualifiers will be selected during that call-in period.
To qualify, (a) you must be listening to the Show at the time the announcement is broadcast; (b) you must be declared by Sponsor to be the ninth person to call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line at 937-457-0991; and (c) you must comply with all other terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Telephone calls will be taken by Sweepstakes operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Sweepstakes announcement to determine the ninth caller. The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects.
You may enter as often as you wish, but you may only be selected as a Qualifier one time during the Sweepstakes Period.
4. Winner Selection and Odds: A maximum of ten (10) Qualifiers (one Qualifier per weekday) will be selected during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of becoming a Qualifier depends on the number of eligible participants who call to participate during a particular call-in period and the order in which calls are received.
On or about November 15, 2017, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner in a random drawing from among all Qualifiers.
Odds of winning are 1:10.
5. Prize Description:
Qualifier Prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each Qualifier will receive one (1) $100 gift card for being selected as a Qualifier. Gift card issuer determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Gift cards subject to terms and conditions of gift card issuer.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Qualifier Prizes: $1,000.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to a taping of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in Los Angeles, California on December 5, 2017.
Prize includes round trip economy class air fare for Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest from the major continental U.S. airport nearest winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), four (4) days/three (3) nights single-room double-occupancy hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room only) at a hotel chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and tickets for two (2) for admission to a taping of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on December 5, 2017. Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary, and seating in its sole discretion. If Grand Prize winner cannot travel during the specified travel dates, then he or she forfeits the entire Grand Prize.
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above, including costs of meals, parking, ground transportation, gratuities, transportation to and from airport, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, and all other expenses not specified above, are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice, as set forth in the passenger ticket contract. Grand Prize winner and guest are responsible for obtaining any insurance (including but not limited to, any travel or health insurance).
The ARV of the trip package may vary depending on location of major airport nearest to winner’s home, travel itinerary, and costs of air transportation at time of award. Grand Prize winner will not receive the difference (if any) between actual and estimated retail value. If, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to the Grand Prize winner’s proximity to the prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Grand Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining identification documents necessary for travel. Grand Prize winner may be required to present a credit card at time of hotel check-in. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must travel on identical itinerary. Unless a child of the Grand Prize winner, guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of departure. If Grand Prize winner is parent or guardian of minor Guest, Guest must be at least fourteen (14) years old as of date of departure. If Grand Prize winner does not designate a guest in accordance with these Official Rules, no consideration will be provided to the Grand Prize winner for the value of the guest’s portion of the prize package. Grand Prize winner must provide Sponsor with the name, address, and date of birth of his/her guest by November 17, 2017. If Grand Prize Winner changes his/her guest after November 17,2017, Grand Prize winner will be required to pay any flight transfer fees imposed by the airline carrier. No credit or cash will be given for any unused portion of the Grand Prize.
No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the taping of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (“Trip/Event”), or any portion thereof. Sponsor will not be liable if the Trip/Event, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future trip/event. Trip/Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the Trip/Event tickets may govern if the Trip/Event is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Trip/Event tickets, vouchers, or certificates. Exact details, including seat locations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Potential winners will be notified on or about November 15, 2017, at the telephone number and/or email address provided on the potential winner’s entry form.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within twenty-four (24) hours of notice or attempted notice.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within forty-eight (48) hours of notification and a written commitment to attend the taping of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on December 5, 2017. Persons traveling as a guest of the Grand Prize winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of winner and his/her guest to travel within the time period specified by Sponsor, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will conduct up to three (3) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation: By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
Participates who have won contests sponsored by Miami Valley Broadcasting Corporation d/b/a WHIO-TV in the past thirty (30) days are ineligible to play.
9. Release: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., Miami Valley Broadcasting Corporation d/b/a WHIO-TV, COX RADIO, INC., WAD PRODUCTIONS, WARNER BROS. TELEVISION, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability: By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
Published: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 @ 3:40 PM
Updated: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 @ 3:34 PM
What happens when a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and an everyday investor sit down each week to talk about how to better understand today's financial and retirement landscape? Investing Sense!
Every Saturday, Investing Sense hosts Andy Smith and Bob Richards each bring a different perspective as they talk about the financial and retirement topics that are on your mind – whether it’s your 401(k), managing investments and taxes for your IRA, dealing with market ups and downs or bouncing back from life’s curveballs.
Joining Andy and Bob each week are our industry experts and influencers who help break down what you need to know when it comes to your 401(k), the markets and economy, retirement income sources and avoid financial advice that's not in your best interest.
Meet the Hosts of Investing Sense™
Andy Smith, CFP®, has worked as a financial advisor for nearly 15 years and has helped thousands of investors navigate a variety of markets to achieve their long-term financial and retirement goals. Through his years of on-the-ground interactions, he’s forged an understanding of what investors need and want – not just from their accounts but from their relationships with an advisor.
Luckily, Andy’s advising doesn’t stop in the office. He’s spent more than a decade on the local and national airwaves guiding listeners toward all of their investment and retirement goals – all while offering clear and actionable advice on everything from personal finance and investing to the economy.
Between his roles as an advisor and radio-show host, Andy’s spare time is limited, but what little he does have he enjoys spending with his wife and children – he’s able to volunteer at the children’s school, and the family travels the world together.
Andy considers himself on-call 24/7 and is excited to help you achieve your financial and retirement goals – and, quite possibly, learn something cool and have fun in the process.
Bob Richards represents the voice of the everyday investor by asking the questions that are on the minds of listeners.
Until recently, Bob has been a self-proclaimed do-it-yourself investor and admits to having learned some valuable financial lessons by making mistakes just like everyone else. Because he’s not an investment advisor, he knows all too well the challenges that investors face and is ready to use his own real-life experience to help listeners avoid similar pitfalls.
Bob has been in the radio industry for over 30 years and is an award-winning radio programmer. Bob and Andy have known each other for almost a decade as their paths have crossed in the radio world. Off the air, Bob is an avid runner, reader and Colts fan. He lives in Indianapolis with his family.
Published: Friday, May 12, 2017 @ 10:03 AM
You are watching live coverage of an event on WHIO.com. Tune into WHIO-TV Channel 7 on your TV or AM1290 News 95.7 WHIO for our regular broadcasts.
Published: Friday, December 15, 2017 @ 10:46 AM
— The Chad Benson Show is WHIO Radio’s newest talk show airing every Tuesday through Saturday Midnight to 1 a.m.
Chad Benson doesn’t look or sound like a typical talk radio host. And that’s a GREAT thing. Conversational, informative, irreverent and very FUNNY. Chad’s take on the issues offers a refreshing sound that gives talk listeners the hard news and opinion that they need in a thoughtful, entertaining way that they CRAVE.
At 44, Chad is part of a New Generation of talk hosts that is able to connect with talk’s existing demo while bringing new and younger listeners into the format. Chad is an accomplished talk show host boasting over 22 years experience in the entertainment industry. He started in music radio in the 1990s at the legendary KRTH in Los Angeles as the Executive Producer of the Robert W. Morgan Show and has also been featured on Los Angeles radio stations such as KZLA-FM and KNCI-FM and KWOD-FM in Sacramento. Chad has also honed his skills as a voice artist for several Hollywood productions and has been the voice of several cartoon characters.
Chad’s sense of showmanship and entertainment, developed from years in music radio, has had a huge influence on him as a talk host, which is where his true passion lies. Using this creativity from the music side of the business, Chad honed his talk skills at Talk Radio UK as one of the first commercial talk hosts to take on the mighty BBC, boasting over a quarter million listeners per week. With success and experience abroad, Chad returned to the U.S. and hosted programs in Palm Springs at K-NEWS-FM and in San Antonio at KTSA-AM. “Chad Benson is not the usual talk host. His entertaining style, and passion for talk radio, helped develop him into a great talent. He’s not afraid to go places the average talk host will not tread. Very unique!”, says Greg Martin, Operations Manager / Program Director, Alpha Media San Antonio.
In his early years, fresh out of school, Chad left everything he knew at home in Southern California to play professional soccer in Europe and was talented enough to be signed onto the rosters of several teams including the Bristol Rovers, the Fallkirk Scotland and the Portsmouth Football Club.
Chad has a son named Jack, who has changed his world.
Published: Monday, February 20, 2017 @ 2:09 PM
Clark Howard is fast-becoming America's #1 consumer expert due to his nationally syndicated radio program. He is extremely knowledgeable and people trust his advice.
Providing help and encouragement to embattled consumers is a way of life for WHIO's Radio Pocket Protector, Clark Howard. Howard has carved out a formidable following as the foremost authority on all things economic.
In 1993, Clark opened the Consumer Action Center, a fully staffed service that answers consumers' questions located in Atlanta, Georgia. His all-volunteer staff researches raw deals and rip-offs and offers the scoop on saving money.
Listen to Clark weeknights from 6 P.M. - 8 P.M., Saturday 8 P.M. to Midnight, and Sundays 7 P.M. to Midnight on AM 1290 and News 95.7 FM News Talk Radio WHIO.