- What: WHIO 1290 and 95.7′s House of Bread Virtual Donation Drive
- When: Online donation drive: Through September 23rd, 2021
- Drop-off day: September 23rd, 2021, 7 – 11 AM.
- Where: Online.
- DONATE ONLINE
- September 23rd, 7 – 11 AM: Gordon Food Services, located at 8499 N Springboro Pike, Miamisburg, OH 45342.
WHIO Radio House of Bread Virtual Donation Drive is back
House of Bread is a non-profit community kitchen located right here in Dayton. On average, the organization welcomes 300 people each day, serving hot, nutritious, lunchtime meals to anyone in need seven days a week, 365 days a year. It takes $4 to feed one person or $1200 to help those in need for just one day.
Join WHIO Radio in its effort to help raise money for the House of Bread and support the mission of this charitable organization, now through September 23rd. Tune in to WHIO 1290 and 95.7 on September 23rd for a day-long broadcast focused on House of Bread, its mission, and stories.
Please note that due to the current health situation we will not be collecting donations at the WHIO 1290 and 95.7 studios this year.
To donate via check: please send your checks to House of Bread, 9 Orth Avenue, Dayton, OH 45402.
If you prefer to donate in person, you can drop off your donations at the Gordon Food Service store in Miamisburg, OH (8499 N Springboro Pike, Miamisburg, OH 45342) on September 23rd, 7 – 11 AM. After 11 AM donations can be dropped off at the House of Bread located at 9 Orth Ave, Dayton, OH 45402.
PLEASE NO CASH!
Items needed the most:
- Healthy snacks for kids like goldfish, raisin boxes, fruit cups, juice boxes/pouches
- Socks for both men and women
- Sleeping Bags or Blankets
- Cups of ramen noodles
- Small jars of peanut butter
- Squeezable plastic jelly
- Teabags or coffee bags (or instant coffee)
- Water bottles or juice bottles
- Small boxes or packs of laundry detergent
For use in the House of Bread kitchen:
- White sugar – 10 lbs. or 25 lbs.
- Brown sugar in bags or boxes
- Salt and black pepper
- Seasoning salt and other spices for cooking
- Creamed soups for cooking, especially chicken
- Pasta noodles, especially elbow or penne
- Tomato sauce/spaghetti sauce
- Barbeque sauce
- Plastic forks
- Sandwich size Ziploc bags
Thank you for your support!
Cox Media Group