Several area roads have either been shut down or have high water signs warning drivers after heavy rains continued to fall Tuesday.
Ohio Department of Transportation crews placed road closed signs on state Route 725 and Lower Bellbrook Road in Sugarcreek Twp. Tuesday morning due to flooding.
Some other area reports of flooding and high water:
- Factory Road, south of U.S. 35 is shut down due to flooding.
- Multiple areas along state Route 72 south of Cedarville have signs warning drivers of high water, however the roadway remains open.
- East Westbrook Road is closed near Hoke Road in Clayton.
- Dispatchers have taken reports of high water in areas near Bethel Twp.
- High water has also been reported near state Route 48 and Horseshoe Bend Road north of Ludlow Falls
- State Route 73 at Baxter Road, south of Franklin, is closed due to high water, according to initial reports.
- Several areas in the south east portion of the county have reported high water and some flash flooding, according to reports.
- On Windisch Road in West Chester Twp., flooding has prompted several businesses to be evacuated.
- Middletown police reported several areas of high water and flooding, including closures at Manchester Road at Vannest Avenue and South Breiel Boulevard near Oxford State Road.
- On U.S. 36 east of Gettysburg, high water was reported to the Darke County Sheriff’s Office
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group