log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Monday, November 05, 2018 @ 6:44 PM
CINCINNATI — The Cincinnati Reds, the first professional baseball franchise, turn 150 years old in 2019, and they unveiled plans Monday for a season-long party.
Here’s a rundown of what to expect:
• The Reds revealed a logo that will be featured throughout the season.
• The Reds will wear commemorative patches on their jerseys and caps throughout the season.
• The team will use 15 different throwback uniforms to honor franchise history.
• There will be 20 different 150th anniversary benches, designed to mimic dugout benches, placed around Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
• The Reds Rockin’ 150 “Open House” on July 5 will allow fans to explore Great American Ball Park and the history of the Reds. Current and former players will appear at the birthday bash. There will be “food, entertainment, interactive games and more, all culminating with a spectacular Rozzi’s fireworks show.”
• The Reds Hall of Fame and Museum is being redesigned to show off more historical artifacts.
• There will be a new addition to Great American Ball Park: the 1869 Pavilion in the southwest corner. It will be dedicated May 4 and will honor the original 1869 Red Stockings.
The Reds proudly commemorate the 150th anniversary of professional baseball in Cincinnati during the 2019 season. pic.twitter.com/PO2JX4NU7G— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) November 5, 2018