Originally from Virginia, I spent the last three years as a reporter and weekend morning anchor at WVIR-TV, the NBC affiliate in Charlottesville, Virginia, which is also where I grew up.
I graduated from American University in Washington, D.C. in 2014 with a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism and political science. During my time at American, I also interned with the Washington Bureau for Cox Media Group, the parent company of WHIO-TV.
When I’m not “on the job,” you’ll probably find me trying out a restaurant in town, or cheering on one of my beloved New England sports teams -- the Red Sox and Patriots.
I’m looking forward to telling stories that matter to you. Please feel free to connect with me on Facebook, or Twitter, or shoot me an email, if you ever hear about something I should look into.
- Where were you born?
- Where did you grow up?
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What was the first thing you ever wanted to be?
- How might someone have described you in high school?
- “The guy on the newspaper staff”
- What was your first job?
- What was your first job in television?
- Reporter and weekend morning anchor at WVIR-TV in Charlottesville, VA
- What do you like about your job?
- Getting to do something different every day
- What do you not like about your job?
- The deadlines can be tight!
- What might people be surprised to know about you?
- I competed on the swim team all four years in college
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to go into the business?
- Intern, and not just at places that “look good” on your resume. Pick a place where you’ll get to learn ‘hands-on.’
- If you could only keep one 5-minute tape from your career what would be on it?
- My live shots from the middle of the huge January 2016 snowstorm we got in Virginia. My photographer and I had a lot of fun with our live updates…even though we were freezing.
- Favorite book:
- The Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell
- Favorite CBS show:
- Favorite food:
- Favorite hobby:
- Rooting for the Red Sox & Patriots
- Favorite music:
- Country (much to the chagrin of my family)
- Favorite travel destination:
Contact Sean Cudahy