I’m a Miami Valley native and a proud Wright State Alum! My journey at WHIO began back in January 2016 when I got an internship opportunity at Cox Media Group through Wright State. I was excited to work in the radio department, and wouldn’t have believed when I first started that by March I would be doing live newscasts on my own! I officially joined the team eight months after I started in September 2016 and have loved the work that I do here ever since. I am lucky and grateful to have the opportunity not only to do what I do with WHIO, but to be able to work with an excellent team of professionals who have taught me everything I know today about radio. There’s always more to learn, and I look forward to doing more work as a part of the WHIO Radio staff in the future!
Q & A
- Where were you born?
- Where did you grow up?
- What was your favorite TV show then?
- What was the first thing you ever wanted to be?
- How might someone have described you in high school?
- Talkative, border-line obnoxious, total nerd!
- What was your first job?
- I did just about every task there was to do at McDonald’s.
- What was your first job in radio?
- AM1290 and News 95.7 WHIO
- What do you like about your job?
- I get to do something that I have been interested in since before high school, and really refine my skills as not only a broadcaster, but a writer and producer as well.
- What do you not like about your job?
- What might people be surprised to know about you?
- I am actually an extremely shy person.
- What would be a perfect day for you?
- Waking up bright and early to go to an all-day concert with a group of friends.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to go into the business?
- Always give 110% effort, and remember the only thing about this business that never changes is that things are always changing.
- Favorite book:
- Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Favorite CBS show:
- Favorite food:
- Favorite hobby:
- Favorite music:
- Rock (from any decade) and Metal
- Favorite travel destination:
Contact Jonah Adae