Allyson Brown is a southern girl from Memphis, TN ... home of the best BBQ, the Memphis Grizzlies and Elvis Presley. She has lived in the Bluff City practically her whole life.
She has been a competitive runner most of her life. She started when she was seven and ended her career at 21 at the University of Missouri. She knew she would never make it to the Olympics but plans to report on them one day.
Allyson's life goal is to affect change in a positive way which is why she became a journalist. She loves good food, reading, sports (especially track and field) and meeting new people. So if your see her around, say hello, she would love to chat.
- Where were you born?
- Where did you grow up?
- What was your favorite TV show then?
- What was the first thing you ever wanted to be?
- How might someone have described you in high school?
- What was your first job?
- What was your first job in television?
- What do you like about your job?
- Meeting new people and learning new things
- What do you not like about your job?
- Not being able to wear jeans.
- What might people be surprised to know about you?
- What is the hardest thing you ever did?
- Saying goodbye to my dogs.
- What would be a perfect day for you?
- Finally seeing Beyonce in concert!
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to go into the business?
- Never give up. Chase your dream like you would chase a story.
- The stories about the track and field team I got to help coach at my first job. I went to this small, rural school district in Missouri to talk about a levy on a ballot . As I was waiting to talk to the principal, I heard a kid say they were heading to track practice. I went and introduced myself to the coaches and kids. The rest is history. They went from running a three minute and 55 seconds 4 x4 relay to three minutes and 38 seconds eventually placing sixth at state! If you could only keep one 5-minute tape from your career what would be on it?
- Favorite book:
- Favorite CBS show:
- Favorite food:
- Favorite hobby:
- Favorite Miami Valley place:
- Still trying to discover that place.
- Favorite movie:
- Favorite music:
- Again, impossible to name.
- Favorite travel destination:
- A place with a beach and sun.
Contact Allyson Brown