Troy man pleads to 10 charges connected to sexual-related conduct with juveniles

Published: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 @ 7:16 AM

McKinley Kucharski (Contributed Photo/Miami County Jail)
McKinley Kucharski (Contributed Photo/Miami County Jail)

A Troy man pleaded guilty Tuesday to 10 felony indictments accusing him of illegal sexual-related conduct with five underage girls between December 2015 and December 2017. 

McKinley S. Kucharski, 24, was indicted by a Miami County Grand Jury on six counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, one count of corrupting another with drugs and three counts of disseminating matter harmful to juveniles. 

MORE POPULAR STORIES: B-17s, P-51s will rumble over Dayton today

Content Continues Below

Prosecutors said the allegations involved five girls. A Troy police report said investigators were told by two underage girls of the alleged conduct by Kucharski in January. He was accused of sexual conduct with the juveniles and  providing marijuana to one of the juveniles. Police said he allegedly sent photographs of his genitals to juveniles. 

A trial for Kucharski was scheduled to begin Tuesday in county Common Pleas Court. He will be sentenced July 2 by Judge Jeannine Pratt.

Kucharski remains in jail in lieu of $100,000 bail.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Officers responding to noise complaint end up in dance-off with kids

Published: Saturday, July 21, 2018 @ 1:20 PM



Barnstable Police Department
(Barnstable Police Department)

Barnstable police officers found themselves in an unexpected competition on Thursday while responding to a noise complaint.

The department posted a video on their Facebook page of an impromptu dance-off that the officers had with children after responding to the complaint on Spring Street in Hyannis.

>> Read more trending news

Content Continues Below

Raphael Morales sent in the video. He said a noise complaint had been sent in to police as he was teaching the kids about a viral dance to the song "In My Feelings" by Drake. 

The officers eventually got called again, and when they drove by 15 minutes later, Morales said the dance-off challenge was put on the table.

The initial challenge then led to the officers challenging the kids, with ice cream as a reward.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Toddler drowns in babysitter's pool, twin brother hospitalized, deputies say

Published: Saturday, July 21, 2018 @ 12:35 PM



Larry W. Smith/Getty Images
(Larry W. Smith/Getty Images)

A young girl drowned and her twin brother was hospitalized Friday after they were found in a swimming pool while staying with a babysitter in Tennessee, according to Knox County sheriff’s deputies.

>> Read more trending news

The children, who were identified only as nearly 2-year-old twins, were staying at a home on Fox Lonas Road in West Knox County when the incident happened, deputies said. Their babysitter told authorities that she began to look for the twins after another child arrived at her home around 10 a.m. Friday.

Content Continues Below

She said she found them in the deep end of a swimming pool, deputies said.

First responders attempted to revive the children and rushed them to East Tennessee Children’s Hospital in critical condition, WBIR reported.

Deputies said the girl was pronounced dead at the hospital. The boy was on life support Friday.

Authorities are investigating the incident.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Resident escapes Liberty Twp. house fire caused by lightning strike

Published: Saturday, July 21, 2018 @ 12:34 PM


            .
.

A resident escaped from a Liberty Twp. house Friday after it was struck by lightning as storms pounded the the area, according to to the Liberty Twp. Fire Department.

The two-story house was hit about 3:20 p.m., which ignited an attic fire at the residence in the 5400 block of Walkers Court, said Battalion Chief Chad Canupp.

FIRST REPORT : House fire reported in Liberty Twp.

Content Continues Below

“The occupant was alerted to the fire by smoke detectors,” Canupp said.

The fire was contained to the attic area, but the family has been displaced during the cleanup, he said.

A strong band of storms moved through the area from Central Kentucky to Montgomery County on Friday afternoon and evening, causing high winds, lightening and hail in some areas.

Trending - Most Read Stories

A Dayton man called in a bomb threat so he wouldn’t miss a flight. Now he’s going to prison.

Published: Saturday, July 21, 2018 @ 12:30 PM

Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. WCPO
HANDOUT
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. WCPO(HANDOUT)

A Dayton man who called in a bomb threat to an airport so he wouldn't miss his flight has been sentenced to four months in prison.

BREAKING TODAY: POLICE: 1 brother in custody, 1 found dead after 2-day search in Indiana

The U.S. Attorney's Office says 40-year-old Dana Carter, of Dayton, was sentenced Thursday for his calls to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport in October.Court records show Carter made a series of calls saying there was a bomb on a flight bound for Dallas, Texas.

Content Continues Below

The Lexington Herald-Leader reports that flight ended up being canceled due to the threat, and Carter was placed on another flight that left less than two hours later.

Carter has been ordered to pay about $7,700 in restitution to United Airlines over the canceled flight.

Carter's attorney says the fake bomb threat was a "foolish act."

Trending - Most Read Stories