ERLANGER, Kentucky — Blue Grass Quality Meats is recalling more than 120,000 pound of bacon and ready-to-eat turkey products for not including soy, a known allergen, on the labels, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Friday.
The Cajun-style bacon and ready-to-eat Cajun-style turkey breast were produced on various dates through Nov. 19, 2019.
The following products are subject to recall:
- Blue Grass Cajun Style Turkey Breast with sell by dates from 7/1/19 to 1/9/20
- Olde World Cajun Style Turkey Breast with sell by sates from 7/1/19 to 1/1/20
- Robinson's Premium Cajun Style Turkey Breast with sell by dates from 7/12/19 to 1/16/20
- Troyer Cajun Style Turkey Breast with sell by dates from 7/18/19 to 1/21/20
- Troyer Cajun Style Bacon with sell by dates from 1/28/19 to 2/19/20
The products under the recall have the establishment number P-7417 or EST. 7417 inside the USDA inspection mark. They were shipped to retailers in Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan and West Virginia, where the turkey products may have been offered as retail-sliced deli product.
The problem was discovered when the firm’s seasoning supplier notified them that the seasoning, which is not supposed to contain soy, actually contains soy lecithin.
There have been no reports of adverse reactions. Anyone who is concerned about an injury or illness is urged to contact a healthcare provider.
Anyone who may have these products in their refrigerators or freezers can be returned to the place of purchase.