— Damage from severe storms impacted communities across the region Tuesday.
Reports of hail, damaging winds amid tornado warning
Reports of damages include:
- About 9:13 p.m., flooding prompted evacuation at the Settlers Walk Apartments, in the 900 block of state Route 29 in Urbana.
- About 8:45 p.m., a lightning strike damaged a home in the 3500 block of Swigart Road in Beavercreek Twp. No injuries were reported
- Just before 5:30 p.m. there were reports several trees down and damage in the 500 block of Ludlow Road in Xenia Twp. In addition, trees are also reported to be down in the Xenia-Fairborn area on routes 235, north of route 68 Ludlow Road.
- At 5:25 p.m. Clifton Road in Clark and Greene Counties is impassable because of a tree and power lines down.
- At 5:23 p.m. numerous trees were reported down in the area of U.S. 68 and Ohio 235.
- Just before 5 p.m. report of a tree down at Wayne and Wyoming avenues in Dayton.
- At 5:03 p.m. trees reported down in the area of U.S. 235 and U.S. 68 near Xenia
- At 4:50 p.m. heavy debris down in the 7100 block of Meeker Road in Butler Twp.
- At 4:52 p.m. tree branches down in area of Green Turtle and Turtlebeck drives in Vandalia
- At 4:36 p.m. a tree reported down at 10990 Dayton Cincinnati Pike, Miami Twp.
- At 4:31 p.m. a tree down at 8621 Dayton Farmersville Road in New Lebanon
- At 4:47 p.m. debris on the roadway on Ohio 741 north of the Dayton Mall in Miamisburg
- At 4:40 p.m. a tree reportedly hit a building at 1800 Fieldstone Drive, Dayton
- At 3:35 p.m. a tree down and power lines down on Ohio 732 near Hueston Woods State Park, outside of Oxford
MUST SEE: Charleston Falls Preserve raging due to high water
A Tornado Watch is in effect for the entire Miami Valley until 8 p.m.
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for Champaign, Clark, Miami and Montgomery counties until 4:45 p.m.
A Flash Flood Warning for Wayne, Butler and Preble counties until 6:45 p.m.
A Flash Flood Watch is in effect until 2 a.m. Wednesday for Butler, Clark, Clinton, Greene, Montgomery, Preble, Warren, Auglaize, Champaign, Darke, Logan, Mercer, Miami and Shelby counties.
A Flood Warning is in effect until 11 p.m. Wednesday for the Great Miami River in Shelby County and until 2 a.m. Thursday for the Great Miami River in Middletown.
A Flood Warning is in effect until 3 a.m. Thursday for the Great Miami River in Troy.