log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 9:56 PM
Mourners lit candles and prayed for Isaiah and Iliyah Miller, as well as their mother, Christina Treadway, near their home on Sebastiani Drive.
Police said Treadway killed her two children before killing herself along Interstate 485 earlier this month.
In a new and emotional interview with Treadway's parents, Al and Patricia Treadway said were still in disbelief over their daughter and two grandchildren’s deaths.
Christina Treadway, 34, killed her two children before jumping off a bridge on Interstate 485, police said.
“She was just a lovely person. She was loved by so many people,” Patricia Treadway said. “She’s never had a mental problem. We never had a problem with Christina in any shape or form with mental or depression or anything to do with depression at all."
The Treadways told Eyewitness News that their daughter left the family a suicide note on Facebook with instructions to delete the note after reading what she had to say.
“She said she was sorry and to pretend to just forgive her and pretend she was 3,000 miles away happy," Al Treadway said. "Part of the message that she left for us said she couldn't leave her children without a mother and no one else would ever raise her kids. No one.”
Investigators are trying to figure out what led to the deaths of Treadway and her two children, 7-year-old Isaiah and 3-year-old Iliyah.
“Iliyah had a lot of what Tina had. She was a primper. She wanted to wear makeup. She’d say, 'Mommy do my makeup' so Christina would do her makeup for her and then they'd snap pictures and things. Isaiah, he was all boy. He was a prankster,” Patricia Treadway said.
“We’re devastated.The question right now is why?”— Stephanie Tinoco (@STinocoWSOC9) January 22, 2018
8 days ago police determined Christina Treadway killed her children before jumping off a bridge.
Christina’s parents drove 46 hrs from CA & spoke to me about tragic details after the death of their daughter & children @wsoctv pic.twitter.com/xtQ3Z0fycN
The Treadways said that their daughter was a singer and aspiring entrepreneur who wanted to start her own business to teach women about makeup and beauty and to encourage them to look and feel confident for job interviews.
Their daughter also had a YouTube channel where she displayed her talents and often featured her children singing.
"When she walked into a room, she lit it up just like her children," her mother said. “Their whole life was so much ahead of them, much like Christina.”
"We are devastated. My whole family is devastated and the question right now in everybody's mind is, ‘Why?" her father said.
The family said days before the death of their daughter and grandchildren, Christina made plans with her parents to move back to California.
“The plans were already made. We didn’t buy the tickets because we hadn’t heard from her,” her mother said. “If she was hurting that bad, I wish she would have called me that day to let me know.”
As investigators work to find out key details leading up to their daughter’s death, the Treadways are willing to wait as long as it takes to get those answers.
“I would rather them investigate, and investigate, and investigate and find out exactly what happened, no matter what the result. Rather than just say, ‘Oh, she just snapped and jumped off a bridge.'"
Neighbors have set up a small memorial in front of Christina Treadway’s home. The family is planning a service for Treadway and her children in California in the coming weeks.
Published: Saturday, May 26, 2018 @ 1:22 AM
GEORGETOWN, Ind. — A family in Georgetown, Indiana, said they walked on their front porch to find a bobcat sleeping on a chair.
WAVE reported that Donna and Ray Singleton, the owners of the home, walked out onto the porch around 7:30 a.m. Monday.
“I looked at it and I thought, ‘That is the biggest cat I have ever seen,’” Donna Singleton told WDRB. “It was very, very beautiful.”
They left the home for four hours and the big cat hadn’t moved.
“My husband, Ray, said, ‘I think that's a bobcat.’ With that, we got in the car, came back at 11:30 and it’s still there,” Donna Singleton said.
Like Donna Singleton, neighbors began taking videos and photos of the bobcat.
According to WDRB, residents in the area suspect that the bobcat is a pet because it’s been seen in the area before. It’s also known that someone in the area owns a bobcat. With the proper permit, the Indiana Department of Natural Resources says it’s legal to own the big cat, according to WDRB.
The bobcat eventually woke and walked away.
Published: Friday, May 25, 2018 @ 10:58 PM
ATLANTA — An Albanian national was pulled off an Amtrak train in Atlanta days after he deserted his cruise ship while it was docked in the Port of New Orleans, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
A Carnival vessel agent notified the New Orleans customs office May 21 that cruise ship member Gentian Kurdina, 23, failed to return, the agency said.
New Orleans and Atlanta customs officers coordinated during the investigation and searched for the man.
He was boarding a train in Atlanta bound for New York City late Tuesday night when authorities took him into custody for removal from the U.S., according to officials.
"U.S. Customs and Border Protection maintains a high level of vigilance and works closely with a myriad of law enforcement partners as part of efforts to manage our borders," Steven Stavinoha, the director of the New Orleans Office of Field Operations, said in a statement.
Published: Friday, May 25, 2018 @ 10:27 PM
Murphy, who is also a victims' advocate, filed an appeal to Wayne Chapman's release Thursday.
Chapman has admitted to molesting more than 100 boys and is the longtime suspect in the Andy Puglisi disappearance.
BREAKING: Boston Atty Wendy Murphy says release of convicted pedophile Wayne Chapman now ON HOLD until SJC can review circumstances of decision to let him go. Also, says SJC asking DOC, AG, DA, and Defense to file response to appeal by Wed. 5P @boston25 pic.twitter.com/veX6Pkj7yV— Bob Ward Boston 25 (@Bward3) May 25, 2018
70-year-old Chapman has been behind bars since 1977, when he was convicted of raping young boys. He finished serving his sentence in 2004, but has been held as a sexually dangerous person for the last 14 years.
This week, the Department of Corrections said Chapman must be released after two qualified examiners recently found him no longer sexually dangerous.
The lawyer for convicted and admitted pedophile Wayne Chapman tells me Chapman's undisclosed medical condition makes him a danger to no one. Also lawyer trying to find a home for Chapman so he can get medical treatment. My story @boston25 6pm pic.twitter.com/KCzcqjerTv— Bob Ward Boston 25 (@Bward3) May 23, 2018
Under state law, the DOC ordered his release.
While in custody Chapman, with few exceptions, has consistently refused to take part in sex offender treatment.
Chapman's lawyer told Boston 25 News that his client is ill and will likely never be able to leave the hospital.
Earlier this year, Chapman filed a petition for release from civil commitment, arguing he is no longer sexually dangerous. Chapman has had several of these public hearings before single judges and juries, and he lost each time.
The most recent decision was January 2016, when a jury found Chapman still sexually dangerous.
In preparation for the upcoming hearing scheduled for July, two "qualified examiners" met with Chapman and found him no longer sexually dangerous. Under a 2009 SJC decision, once that happens, release is mandated.
Murphy's appeal alleged that procedure was not correctly followed. Murphy also said the SJC is asking Department of Corrections, the Attorney General's office, the District Attorney and Chapman's lawyer to respond to the appeal by next Wednesday.
Murphy said the victims are relieved, grateful, and optimistic that Chapman's release has been delayed.
Governor Charlie Baker's Office sent Boston 25 News the following statement:
“Governor Baker believes anyone with Wayne Chapman’s history of convictions should not be released from prison, the Legislature should review the state laws that led to his release so that the victims of such horrible crimes are protected in the future, and supports the SJC’s decision to review this case.”
Published: Friday, May 25, 2018 @ 10:18 PM
— Authorities in Coweta County, Georgia, are searching for a “suspicious” man they say attempted to get a woman to get in his truck Monday.
The man allegedly approached the woman while she was walking her dog near the Timberidge neighborhood on North Ga. 29 when a black Dodge Ram pickup approached her, according to a news release by the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office.
The man offered the woman a ride, and after she refused, he got out of his vehicle and approached her, the release said.
The woman’s dog bit him before he returned to his truck and left, the release said.
The man was described as around 50 to 60 years old and wearing an Atlanta Braves baseball cap, the release said.