log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Monday, October 09, 2017 @ 10:38 AM
— A trailer for the Star Wars sequel, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” will air Monday night during "Monday Night Football."
The clip will be shown at halftime of the Minnesota Vikings-Chicago Bears game. The game, to be broadcast on ESPN, begins at 8:15 p.m. ET. Then, following the broadcast of the trailer, tickets for the movie set to open Dec. 15 will go on sale online.
The movie picks up where the last film, "The Force Awakens," ended as the First Order plots revenge against the Resistance. "The Last Jedi" stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Carrie Fisher, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, and Andy Serkis.
Fisher, who played Princess Lea in the series, died last year after suffering a heart attack while on a plane traveling from London to Los Angeles.
Two years ago, a similar promotion offering advance tickets for “The Force Awakens”, caused ticket websites to crash. The studios collected some $100 million before the movie ever hit the big screen.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is written and directed by Rian Johnson who warned fans they may not want to watch the trailer so as not to spoil the experience.
I a legitimately torn. If you want to come in clean, absolutely avoid it.— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) October 8, 2017
But it’s gooooood..... https://t.co/Y29K5yz8i4
The trailer below was released in April.
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 11:46 PM
SNOHOMISH, Wash. — A 3-year-old boy died Thursday evening after the child was run over by a lawnmower near Snohomish, Washington, deputies said.
Crews responded after reports of a person under a lawnmower.
Deputies said the was riding on his father's lap when he fell off and went under the lawnmower.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Deputies said they're seeing this as an accident.
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 11:29 PM
— “The Cosby Show” reruns are gone from Atlanta-based Bounce TV following guilty verdicts returned today by a Pennsylvania jury.
“Effective immediately, Bounce is removing ‘The Cosby Show’ from our schedule,” the network said in a statement to media outlets including The Hollywood Reporter.
Bounce had yanked them before Cosby’s 2017 trial, amid mounting allegations, but had returned them to its lineup.
In a 2016 statement the network said:
“Following the results of a qualitative research study which indicated demand from a vast majority of Bounce viewers to see ‘The Cosby Show’ on television again, the network has made the decision to begin airing the series (in December 2016). While we take very seriously the accusations against Bill Cosby, our research showed that African-American consumers see a distinction between Bill Cosby, the man, and the iconic TV character Cliff Huxtable. Research and direct viewer feedback were the deciding factors in the network’s decision to move forward. The desire among African Americans to see the show on TV again is being reinforced on social media based upon overwhelmingly positive viewer response since the announcement.”
Here’s the announcement Bounce posted at the time.
That’s all over now. The network does still show “Cosby” spinoff “A Different World” on its roster.
Jurors in Bill Cosby’s retrial on sexual assault charges on Thursday returned guilty verdicts. Cosby, 80, was allowed to leave the courthouse on $1 million bond and faces sentencing at a time yet to be announced. He faces up to 10 years on each of the three counts of which he was convicted.
Cosby has faced mounting accusations from multiple women; this trial involved victim Andrea Constand, who was a Temple University employee she said Cosby assaulted her at his home in 2004. Media outlets generally don’t identify victims of sexual assault, but Constand and other Cosby accusers have come forward to share their stories and did not request anonymity.
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 10:44 PM
Updated: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 10:44 PM
— A jury in Pennsylvania on Thursday found comedian Bill Cosby guilty of three counts of aggravated indecent assault.
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 10:19 PM
— A 55-year-old Gainesville man was charged with attempted murder after setting his girlfriend on fire Wednesday night, according to authorities.
Roosevelt Kitchen is currently being held at the Alachua County Jail on a $1 million bond, The Gainesville Sun reports.
Police said they found the woman in a neighbor’s bathtub with “melted skin” from the gasoline poured on her, according to The Sun.
At about 11 p.m., Kitchen got into an argument with his girlfriend of four years after they were both drinking and using narcotics, police told The Sun.
The woman then left the apartment, returned and left again to sit on a neighbor’s porch, The Sun reports.
After Kitchen saw her, he approached her on the porch with a red gasoline can and doused her with it. A witness told police he heard Kitchen ask “Anyone got a lighter?” before he pulled one from his pocket and set the victim on fire.
The woman and her neighbor were unable to put out the flames and took off her burning clothes instead, police said.
She was taken to a hospital for her injuries and told authorities that Kitchen had threatened to set her on fire before.