log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, September 01, 2016 @ 4:50 PM
Updated: Thursday, September 01, 2016 @ 5:09 PM
A mother in Gardner, Massachusetts, is warning against the dangers of alcohol overdose after her 15-year-old daughter nearly died after binge drinking over the weekend.
Melissa Aho's Facebook post about the terrifying incident has gone viral.
"I suffered 14 long hours, pleading and begging for my daughter's life, experiencing flashbacks from the moment she was born, to her first smile and giggle, the first time she said 'mama,' her first step, her first birthday," Aho wrote.
Fifteen-year-old Ryleigh Ackles told her mother she was hanging out with friends and was going to a sleepover. Later, her mother received a Facebook message at 1 a.m. from a friend that had received a phone call. Someone on the phone had told her Ryleigh was passed out.
What happened next was a terrifying whirlwind of finding Ryleigh, calling 911, and rushing her to the hospital. The teenager had a blood alcohol level of .28 after drinking Ciroc vodka.