log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 @ 10:09 PM
— Change is in the air for “Suits” stars Meghan Markle and Patrick J. Adams.
According to Us Weekly, Adams and Markle are planning an exit from “Suits” as USA networks prepares to renew the series for an eighth season.
Markle and Adams play on-screen fiances Rachel Zane and Mike Ross on the series, and there is a rumor that a wedding scene was filmed over the weekend in Toronto that could pave the way for the duo to make their exits, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Adams has directed several of the recent episodes and is reportedly looking to pursue other creative opportunities while things seem to be getting serious between Markle and Prince Harry.
Reps for Markle, Adams and USA have yet to confirm nor deny the rumors at this time.
Fans have been waiting for Prince Harry to pop the question to Markle but it’s unclear when a royal wedding could take place. It may be even longer than expected.
Sources close to the palace said that the couple will likely put off the announcement of their marriage until after Prince William and Duchess Catherine welcome their third child together in April.
“There won’t be any announcement until at least after Kate has had her baby in April,” a source with “excellent contacts in the palace” told The Daily Beast earlier this month.
Prince Harry’s biographer, Penny Junor also said he wasn’t sure Harry is ready to pop the question just yet.
“Harry is impetuous and he does make decisions quickly -- unlike William, who ponders and ponders -- but he is not foolish. He knows, of course, exactly what a royal marriage breakup is like and how much attention it gets,” he said. “It is one hell of an ask for her to give up everything she is and has achieved to marry into the British royal family.”
But honestly, is giving up all of the glitz of Tinsel Town to be a princess really that bad?
Season seven of “Suits” returns in January on USA.
Published: Monday, February 12, 2018 @ 5:40 PM
— You probably already figured that Google keeps track of your web searches, but did you know that the Internet giant may be storing recordings of your voice?
Published: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 @ 2:10 PM
BROWNSVILLE, Texas — An unexpected doctor’s appointment -- and 800 pounds of fajitas -- proved to be Gilberto Escamilla’s undoing.
Escamilla, 53, of Brownsville, Texas, was sentenced Friday to 50 years in prison after pleading guilty to theft by a public servant, according to the Brownsville Herald. Escamilla is a former employee of the Cameron County juvenile detention center.
Prosecutors said Escamilla spent nine years scamming the county by ordering fajitas for the Darrel B. Hester Juvenile Detention Center, then intercepting the orders and selling them to his own customers. He was caught in August 2017 when he missed a shipment due to a doctor’s appointment.
Other employees of the detention center were baffled when a delivery driver showed up with 800 pounds of fajitas, a dish that is not served in their kitchen. The driver told them he had been delivering the Mexican specialty to the facility since 2008.
“It was selfish,” Escamilla said during his sentencing hearing on Friday, according to the Herald. “It started small and got bigger and out of control. It got to the point where I couldn’t control it anymore.”
Cameron County Assistant District Attorney Peter Gilman requested the stiff sentence to send a message to public servants willing to steal from taxpayers, the Herald reported.
“We feel a strong message should be sent,” Gilman said.
Under Texas law, Escamilla faced up to 99 years in prison for the first-degree felony, NBC News reported. Theft of property becomes a first-degree felony when a person steals property valued at $200,000 or more.
An additional theft charge against the defendant was dismissed as part of an earlier plea deal.
Escamilla was fired Aug. 8 and arrested at his home, where investigators found packages of fajitas in his refrigerator. The detectives were able to track down some of his customers, who cooperated with the investigation.
Published: Monday, April 23, 2018 @ 10:49 PM
— A frozen novelty manufacturer is voluntarily recalling certain ice pops that are sold in 15 states for possible listeria contamination.
According to US Recall News, Ziegenfelder Co., of Wheeling, West Virginia, is recalling about 3,000 cases of Budget $aver Cherry Pineapple Monster Pops and Sugar Free Twin Pops because of the possible health risk.
The ice pops were distributed to retail grocers in 15 states:
The ice pop products were delivered between April 5 and April 19, US Recall News reported.
The Cherry Pineapple Monster Pops carry the UPC code 0-74534-84200-9, and have lot codes D09418A through D10018B.
The Sugar Free Pops carry the UPC code 0-74534-75642-9, and have lot codes D09318A through D10018B.
So far, there are no reported illnesses or incidents involving the products.
Published: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 @ 5:33 AM
Updated: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 @ 5:33 AM
— Tropical Storm Maria continues to churn in the Atlantic Ocean. The deadly storm has claimed lives on multiple islands in its path.