log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Friday, April 20, 2018 @ 9:56 PM
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A Jacksonville, Florida, woman lost part of her toe in a fight that apparently started because of a post on Facebook, according to police.
On Tuesday at 11:47 p.m., an officer responded to a call about a battery with injuries at a residence in the 1700 block of W. 27th Street.
The caller said that a woman would not leave her property, but that the woman had left the area by the time the officer arrived.
The caller told 911 that the woman had thrown a brick at her. Once the officer arrived at the scene, the caller said no one had thrown a brick and no one had been injured.
Shortly after the officer left the residence, the woman who was initially accused of throwing a brick flagged down an officer in the 4500 block of Moncrief Road and said she had been battered, the police report said.
The accused woman, who is identified as the victim in the police report, said she had been in the front yard of the home, talking to her boyfriend. She said 19-year-old Gionet Dennis exited the residence and started yelling for the victim to get off her property.
The victim told the officer that she had begun yelling back, and the two women had gotten into a fight.
The victim's boyfriend tried to stop the fight by standing between the women. When the victim tried to get into her car and flee the scene, Dennis threw a brick at the vehicle and the brick landed on the victim's toe, the police report said.
The victim was able to leave the area, police said.
According to the police report, the boyfriend told the officer he had been trying to get the victim to leave the residence because he said Dennis was mad and posting on Facebook.
The police report said the victim's toe was severely injured and appeared disfigured. The officer noted the tip of her toe was no longer attached.
The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department responded and treated the victim's injuries.
Published: Saturday, July 21, 2018 @ 1:11 AM
CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. — Rapper Offset, of the trio Migos, was arrested Friday on weapon and drug charges in Georgia, WSB reports.
Clayton County police said the rapper, whose real name is Kiari Cephus, and his bodyguard, Senay Gezahgn, were traveling in Jonesboro, just outside Atlanta, when the 2014 Porsche 911 Carrera that Offset was driving was pulled over after an improper lane change.
During a search, officers found three handguns, less than 1 ounce of marijuana and more than $107,000 in cash.
Offset was charged with improper lane change; possession of marijuana, less than 1 ounce; possession of a weapon by a convicted felon and possession of a weapon during the commission of a crime.
Gezahgn was charged with possession of marijuana, less than 1 ounce, and possession of a weapon during the commission of a crime.
This is not Offset’s first run-in with the law.
He was arrested in 2016 for driving with a suspended license. In 2015, all three members of Migos were arrested for drug and gun charges during a concert at Georgia Southern University, Billboard reported.
Offset and his wife, rapper Cardi B, just welcomed their first child together last week.
Published: Sunday, July 22, 2018 @ 10:46 AM
PHOENIX — An Arizona mother is in jail after police said she went to work and left her 1-year-old son alone in their apartment, where he was found dead 10 hours later.
King told investigators that she left the baby at home about 6:20 a.m. Tuesday before dropping off her other children at day care and going to work, the probable cause statement said. She claimed the baby could not go to day care because he "had open sores," court documents said. She also reportedly told investigators that a friend was supposed to babysit but never showed up.
King said she came back home at 4:15 p.m. and found the baby unresponsive on a mattress, investigators said. She said she performed CPR on the child as her daughter called 911, court documents said.
The baby, who reportedly had several bruises, was pronounced dead about 4:47 p.m., court documents said.
King is being held on a $50,000 bond.
Published: Sunday, July 22, 2018 @ 12:31 PM
— Michelle Williams posted a quick update for fans Friday after a report emerged that she checked herself into a mental health facility for depression.
Entertainment Tonight reported that the former Destiny’s Child singer tweeted, “Progress not Perfection!” along with a screenshot from her Instagram story that read, “I feel the (heart emoji)! I just wanted to let you guys know I’m better (praying hands emoji)!”
Progress not Perfection! ❤️ pic.twitter.com/0ADQhcTpYZ— Michelle Williams (@RealMichelleW) July 20, 2018
On Tuesday, TMZ reported that Williams checked into a mental health facility. Although Williams has not explicitly confirmed the website’s report, she made a post on social media about seeking help when needed that same day.
“For years I have dedicated myself to increasing awareness of mental health and empowering people to recognize when it’s time to seek help, support and guidance from those that love and care for your wellbeing,” Williams wrote. “I recently listened to the same advice I have given to thousands around the world and sought help from a great team of healthcare professionals.”
Published: Sunday, July 22, 2018 @ 6:15 AM
Updated: Sunday, July 22, 2018 @ 6:15 AM
LOS ANGELES — One woman is dead and a suspect in custody after dozens of people were held hostage Saturday during a standoff at a Los Angeles Trader Joe’s supermarket.
Here are the latest updates:
Update 9:06 a.m. EDT July 22: The Associated Press reported that police are working to determine why a man shot his grandmother and wounded another woman before crashing a car into a Los Angeles Trader Joe’s, holding dozens of people hostage.
According to police, the suspect, who has not been identified, shot his grandmother seven times and wounded a woman he forced into his car. Another woman was shot and killed when he ran into the Trader Joe’s.
Police Chief Michel Moore told The AP it was not clear if the woman who was killed outside the store died from police gunfire or was killed by the gunman when he exchanged fire with police.
Six people, ages 12 to 81, are in the hospital, according to fire officials. None were shot and all were in fair condition.
Update 6:05 a.m. EDT July 22: Trader Joe’s has released a statement about Saturday’s deadly standoff in Los Angeles.
“Our hearts are broken over what happened today,” read the statement obtained by KNBC. “This has been an incredible trauma, and our thoughts are with our Crew Members and customers. Our focus is on doing whatever we can to support them at this time. We appreciate everything Los Angeles law enforcement did to ensure an end to this ordeal.”
Original report: A man crashed a car and ran into a Los Angeles grocery store Sunday afternoon and took hostages during a standoff with police, authorities said.
The man was taken into custody after a tense standoff with police.
#UPDATE: We have successfully taken the suspect into custody without incident. The situation remains fluid as officers move forward clearing the location.— LAPD HQ (@LAPDHQ) July 22, 2018
A hostage was killed during the incident, the Associated Press reported.
BREAKING: Los Angeles mayor says one woman was killed at supermarket where gunman took hostages— The Associated Press (@AP) July 22, 2018
The incident started with the shooting of an older and younger woman in a residential area around 1:30 p.m., Los Angeles Police officer Mike Lopez told CNN. The Associated Press reported that the younger woman suffered a graze wound.
The shooter then fled in a Toyota Camry and crashed at a Trader Joe’s, before running into the store.
"We can confirm that there is an active barricaded suspect within a #TraderJoes in #Silverlake. An active tac-alert has been declared to ensure all resources necessary will be available. Please continue to stay clear of the area," Los Angeles police tweeted.
UPDATE: We can confirm that there is an active barricaded suspect within a #TraderJoes in #Silverlake. An active tac-alert has been declared to ensure all resources necessary will be available. Please continue to stay clear of the area.— LAPD HQ (@LAPDHQ) July 22, 2018
A 20-year-old woman was taken to a hospital and is in fair condition, CNN reported.
Video shows police carrying shields and ushering out a man who has his hands raised. A person who appears to be injured was carried off, and other people could be seen climbing out of the store down a rope ladder.
President Donald Trump and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti have tweeted about the standoff. Trump’s tweet has since been removed.
Watching Los Angeles possible hostage situation very closely. Active barricaded suspect. L.A.P.D. working with Federal Law Enforcement.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 22, 2018