log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Friday, December 29, 2017 @ 2:29 PM
Having impressed producers with her work as Rachel Zane on “Suits,” they were eyeing Markle for a role they wanted played by a glamorous actress who could become one of Daniel Craig’s love interests in the upcoming “Bond 25,” which is set for release in 2019. However, the actress’ budding relationship with Prince Harry is apparently what put an end to her chances, as producers thought she would be unable to continue acting should things get series.
“Meghan fits the role of a Bond girl perfectly. She’s glamorous and sexy and a good actress,” a source said. “The role more recently has gone to actresses deemed to be rising stars, and Meghan certainly was seen as that before her relationship with Harry became public.”
According to the source, Markle had made the cut on a short list of five actresses for the part, but once it was announced that she was dating Prince Harry, the list went down to four.
“Her engagement effectively spelt an end to her acting career too so that was the final blow,” the source bluntly added.
While bookies were just offering odds that she would become a Bond girl earlier this year, it seems Markle’s acting career may truly be over. Prior to her engagement, “Suits” confirmed that Markle would be leaving the series after seven years, and Kensington Palace confirmed she would no longer continue her charity work with the Untied Nations, World Vision Canada and One Young World once the news was announced.
During her first interview with Prince Harry following the announcement of their engagement, she was asked how she felt about having to give up so much in order to join the British Royal Family.
“I don’t see it as giving anything up. I just see it as a change,” she responded.
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 11:46 PM
SNOHOMISH, Wash. — A 3-year-old boy died Thursday evening after the child was run over by a lawnmower near Snohomish, Washington, deputies said.
Crews responded after reports of a person under a lawnmower.
Deputies said the was riding on his father's lap when he fell off and went under the lawnmower.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Deputies said they're seeing this as an accident.
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 11:29 PM
— “The Cosby Show” reruns are gone from Atlanta-based Bounce TV following guilty verdicts returned today by a Pennsylvania jury.
“Effective immediately, Bounce is removing ‘The Cosby Show’ from our schedule,” the network said in a statement to media outlets including The Hollywood Reporter.
Bounce had yanked them before Cosby’s 2017 trial, amid mounting allegations, but had returned them to its lineup.
In a 2016 statement the network said:
“Following the results of a qualitative research study which indicated demand from a vast majority of Bounce viewers to see ‘The Cosby Show’ on television again, the network has made the decision to begin airing the series (in December 2016). While we take very seriously the accusations against Bill Cosby, our research showed that African-American consumers see a distinction between Bill Cosby, the man, and the iconic TV character Cliff Huxtable. Research and direct viewer feedback were the deciding factors in the network’s decision to move forward. The desire among African Americans to see the show on TV again is being reinforced on social media based upon overwhelmingly positive viewer response since the announcement.”
Here’s the announcement Bounce posted at the time.
That’s all over now. The network does still show “Cosby” spinoff “A Different World” on its roster.
Jurors in Bill Cosby’s retrial on sexual assault charges on Thursday returned guilty verdicts. Cosby, 80, was allowed to leave the courthouse on $1 million bond and faces sentencing at a time yet to be announced. He faces up to 10 years on each of the three counts of which he was convicted.
Cosby has faced mounting accusations from multiple women; this trial involved victim Andrea Constand, who was a Temple University employee she said Cosby assaulted her at his home in 2004. Media outlets generally don’t identify victims of sexual assault, but Constand and other Cosby accusers have come forward to share their stories and did not request anonymity.
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 10:44 PM
Updated: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 10:44 PM
— A jury in Pennsylvania on Thursday found comedian Bill Cosby guilty of three counts of aggravated indecent assault.
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 10:19 PM
— A 55-year-old Gainesville man was charged with attempted murder after setting his girlfriend on fire Wednesday night, according to authorities.
Roosevelt Kitchen is currently being held at the Alachua County Jail on a $1 million bond, The Gainesville Sun reports.
Police said they found the woman in a neighbor’s bathtub with “melted skin” from the gasoline poured on her, according to The Sun.
At about 11 p.m., Kitchen got into an argument with his girlfriend of four years after they were both drinking and using narcotics, police told The Sun.
The woman then left the apartment, returned and left again to sit on a neighbor’s porch, The Sun reports.
After Kitchen saw her, he approached her on the porch with a red gasoline can and doused her with it. A witness told police he heard Kitchen ask “Anyone got a lighter?” before he pulled one from his pocket and set the victim on fire.
The woman and her neighbor were unable to put out the flames and took off her burning clothes instead, police said.
She was taken to a hospital for her injuries and told authorities that Kitchen had threatened to set her on fire before.