log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Monday, June 17, 2019 @ 6:25 PM
Updated: Monday, June 17, 2019 @ 7:44 PM
By: Breaking News Staff
HUBER HEIGHTS — Three pets were brought out of a house fire on Hubbard Drive Monday night but didn’t survive, according to Huber Heights Fire Department Battalion Chief Michael Muhl.
“We had some medi-crews that were trying to revive the pets using oxygen delivery systems we have specifically for pets and they were unsuccessful,” he said.
Crews arrived to an active fire in the first floor of the house in the 6900 block around 6:15 p.m. No occupants were home at the time of fire and no injuries were reported, Muhl said.
Muhl said crews didn’t hear any smoke alarms going off when they entered the structure, and they’ll know more about the habitability of it after more investigation.
“A lot of times we don’t want people to inhabit these structures, mainly because of the byproducts of the smoke and the combustion and the fact that it’d be toxic to them.”