CLOSINGS AND DELAYS:

Huber Heights Athletic Foundation,

breaking news

Latest News

Worker shocked while replacing gas line

Published: Thursday, April 26, 2012 @ 10:34 PM
Updated: Thursday, April 26, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

A worker was nearly electrocuted while replacing a residential gas line was at Miami Valley Hospital on Thursday night but his condition was not immediately available, according to a hospital official.

Rescue crews were dispatched at about 6:15 p.m. to 719 E. Third St. on a report of a person unresponsive following a gas leak.

According to the Darke County Sheriff's Office, there was no gas leak. Workers were replacing a gas line and one of them was nearly electrocuted possibly from hitting a water line. 

Content Continues Below
The worker, whose name was not available, was conscious at the scene when Careflight took him to the hospital as a precaution.