The McEwen Road Bridge over Holes Creek in Washington Twp. will close for reconstruction beginning today.
>> Juvenile hospitalized, 3 bail after Dayton crash, vehicle may be involved in other break-ins
The reconstruction will last until approximately November 30, 2018, weather permitting, according to Montgomery County Engineer Paul Gruner.
Several detours have been set up during the bridge closure:
- The southbound detour is Alex Bell Road, to Paragon Road, to Congress Park Drive.
- The northbound detour is Congress Park Drive, to Paragon Road, to Alex Bell Road.
- The Centerville City School District has rerouted school buses in the area.
- Hadley E. Watts Middle School and First School can only be accessed from the north from Alex Bell Road.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park and South Park offices/warehouses can only be accessed from Senate Drive off of Congress Park Drive.
The McEwen Road Bridge’s is structurally deficient and in poor condition, according to a release. One end of the bridge has been supported on jacks since 2012 due to deterioration.
It currently carries approximately 6,900 vehicles a day.
A contractor will remove and replace the deteriorated slab edges, perform a deck overlay, install a new guardrail on the east side and construct a parapet wall with a new 5 foot sidewalk on the west side.