log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Monday, January 09, 2012 @ 9:07 AM
Updated: Monday, January 09, 2012 @ 9:07 AM
By: Staff Report
MIAMI TOWNSHIP, Ohio — A fire early Monday morning at a Dayton retirement home was safely put out by a sprinkler system before firefighters arrived.
The fire broke out in a resident’s room at Lamplight Inn of Dayton shortly after 4:30 a.m., according to Lt. Dale Fahrney of the Miami Twp. Fire Department.
Residents were evacuated to another area of the retirement home, said Lamplight Inn administrator Debbie Schott.
"We're very blessed," Schott said. "No one was hurt. There were only three rooms that were extensively damaged, and that is water damage."