WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Today the National Museum of the United States Air Force is set to kick off its Space Celebration.
>>Dayton Air Show: Preps continue for this weekend
The celebration will be from July 29 through August 7 at the museum.
Entree for the event is free and is expected to provide entertainment for the whole family, including the opportunity to build and launch a model rocket.
>>Stormtrooper helmet, blaster used onscreen in original ‘Star Wars’ heads to auction
Highlights of the Space Celebration include:
- Appearances by fictional space characters from 501st Legion (July 30, Aug. 6)
- Special Presentations on the Titan IVB by Col. Elena Oberg (USAF Retired) (Aug. 1)
- Open Aircraft (Aug. 2 and 3)
- Stargaze Bounce House (Aug. 5, 6, and 7)
- Evening Star Gazing with the Miami Valley Astronomical Society (Aug. 6)
- Rocket Day – Build and launch rockets with the Wright Stuff Rocketeers (Aug. 6)
- Displays of rarely seen artifacts (Aug. 6)
- Lunar Rover Vehicle display from the Armstrong Air & Space Museum (Aug. 6 and 7)
- Space Lego® display from Cincy LUG and Build Your Own tables (daily)
- Plus: Balloon Twisters, Space Ice Cream, Space Trivia, and more
©2022 Cox Media Group