Winter just won’t quit in the Miami Valley.
A storm system is expected to develop for the end of the weekend. This means snow is looking likely and behind that, a cold snap that lasts through most of next week. March looks to come in like a lion.
LOCAL WEATHER: Track the latest conditions with Live Doppler 7 Radar
What we know:
- A strong area of low pressure will develop and likely move through Sunday
- There will be some accumulating snow in the Miami Valley, some cities will see higher totals
- Very cold air arrives behind the storm for most of next week. Highs will barely reach 20 degrees for a few days
>> YOU NEED THIS: Download the WHIO Weather App
What we don’t know:
- The exact track of this storm. Shifts north could bring some rain to mix in. A southern track could move the heaviest bands of snow by keeping colder air in place
- Snow totals … It's too early to get exact snow amounts but that will come together in the next few days
- How slick or snowy roads could be Monday morning