Traffic issues can be reported by calling our newsroom at (937) 259-2237 or tweeting @WHIOTraffic.
Traffic conditions are updated every six minutes on AM 1290 and NEWS 95.7 WHIO.
Major Highway Incidents
- (UPDATE @ 924 p.m.) On I-70 East in Brookville, near Arlington Road, the semi fire reported about 5:30 p.m. is out and traffic is crawling along as the right lane remains closed, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol Dayton post. The fire may have started with the brakes of the trailer loaded with dog food, fire officials say. All lanes have been reopened.
Aftermath of semitrailer fire Friday evening on I-70 East in Brookville. The trailer is loaded with dog food. (Jarod Thrush/Staff)
- On I-75 south near Benchwood Road in Harrison Twp.
Surface Street Incidents
- (UPDATE @ 5:52 p.m.) On Old Troy Pike, in the 2300 block, A driver did hit a gas meter while pulling into a auto service business, but there was no leak and no injury, fire/rescue personnel tell us. Crews had been called to what was reported as an injury accident involving the meter about 5:30 p.m.
- On Needmore Road and Payne Avenue in Harrison Twp., a two-vehicle crash reported around 6:25 a.m.
» RELATED: WHIO Weather App
» RELATED: Track the latest conditions in your neighborhood on our live WHIO Doppler 7 HD Interactive Radar
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
Live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.
- Keowee Street north of Stanley Avenue, the bridge remains closed. The official detour is Keowee to Stanley to I-75 to Wagner Ford Road and back to Dixie. More information is available here.
- State Route 48 between First and Riverdale streets, the lane closure continues through April 1. One lane in each direction will remain open. Both lanes of traffic will operate on the west side of the bridge; the east side will be closed.
- I-70, between U.S. 68 and 72, the traffic pattern shifts Sept. 24 through August to the outside portion of the interstate. Two lanes are available in each direction with reduced lane width.
- Sweitzer/West Fourth streets between Pine and Sycamore streets, ROAD CLOSURE continues through May 31, 2019. The official detour is Pine Street to Washington Avenue to Broadway.
- SR 235 between Ash Avenue and Lake Drive, BRIDGE CLOSURE March 11 - May 11. The official detour is: SR 235 to SR 366 to US 33 north to SR 385 east to SR 117 to SR 235.