log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, January 07, 2020 @ 10:25 PM
Updated: Wednesday, January 08, 2020 @ 7:36 AM
By: Breaking News Staff
A wood-burning stove left unattended appears to have been the source of the fire at a commercial building on Fruedenberger Avenue late Tuesday.
Crews arrived at the fire in the 4100 block of Fruedenberger Ave to find flames blowing out of the front door to the building. Crews found the wood-burning stove just inside the building, near the front door, said Trotwood Fire Chief Rick Haacke.
A Dayton fire crew assisted.
A passer-by noticed the fire and smoke and called 9-1-1 just after 10 p.m., Chief Haacke said.
He estimated the damage to the structure and contents at $5,000.