Propane gas leak causes explosion at West Milton home

Published: Sunday, June 17, 2018 @ 9:40 AM
Updated: Monday, June 18, 2018 @ 1:40 AM

Gas leak house explosion in West Milton

A propane gas leak caused an explosion in the basement of a home in West Milton Sunday morning.

Larry Jinkins said he was asleep when the explosion happened in his home around 8:20 a.m. in the 400 block of Iddings Road.

>>Flag burning ceremony held in Piqua

Content Continues Below

Jinkins, his wife, five kids, and three dogs were in the home at the time of the explosion. 

He said the fire department told him they were very lucky they were not hurt. 

Jinkins rented the house that is now uninhabitable. He said they had a temporary gas line due to a former gas leak that needed to be put underground.

>> How to prevent heat-related and life-threatening illnesses during extreme heat

The family is being aided by the Northern Miami Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross.

Trending - Most Read Stories