breaking news

Listen

Fire at Darke County farmhouse likely started from wood-burning stove

Published: Thursday, October 18, 2018 @ 6:51 AM



Gaylen Blosser/ The Early Bird Newspaper
(Gaylen Blosser/ The Early Bird Newspaper)

The fire that destroyed a farm house on Ohio 242 near Versailles Wednesday afternoon possibly started from a wood burning stove, officials said.

RELATED: Darke Co. barn fire: 3 of 5 hog barns destroyed

At least two alarms were dropped for the fire with several fire departments responding to the two-story brick structure that was engulfed in flames down a far lane. 

Content Continues Below

Firefighters had to truck numerous loads of water to battle the farmhouse’s blaze. 

No injuries were reported and the family is being helped by the Darke County Chapter of the American Red Cross.

The fire remains under investigation.