Explosion sparks house fire near Covington

Published: Monday, July 21, 2014 @ 10:09 AM
Updated: Monday, July 21, 2014 @ 10:09 AM


            Scene of fire on Rangeline Road
Scene of fire on Rangeline Road

Part of a rural Miami Co.  house was blown open by a propane tank explosion this morning.

Crews from multiple jurisdictions responded shortly after 10 a.m. to the house fire in the 9200 block of North Rangeline Road.

There were no reports of injuries. Crews were able to put the fire out to prevent further damages.

Content Continues Below

The damage was not visible to our News Center 7 crew as the house sits off the road and behind trees.

The State Fire Marshal's Office was called to assist in the investigation.