log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 @ 9:02 PM
By: Nancy Bowman
TROY — A 30-year-old Troy woman who accepted a plea deal to admit to her involvement in a 2017 burglary spree across Miami County could be sentenced to a maximum of 91.5 years in prison when she is sentenced in late September.
Or, Angela Roberts could get 15 years -- as recommended to the court by county prosecutors.
Roberts pleaded guilty Wednesday to 20 felony charges in exchange for the recommendation.
Roberts and Mark D. Burgin, 38, also of Troy, were arrested for burglaries in Bethel, Monroe and Springcreek townships. Prosecutors said the two committed the crimes between February and August 2017.
Roberts pleaded guilty to 17 burglary counts and single counts of safe-cracking, engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity and conspiracy to engage in a pattern of corrupt activity.
Five gun specifications (which would add prison time) were dismissed Wednesday by prosecutors as part of the plea deal.
Both are serving five-year prison terms arising from charges in Warren County cases. Prosecutors in Miami County also agreed to recommend the 15-year term run concurrent with the Warren County sentence.
Miami County Common Pleas Judge Jeannine Pratt said Roberts faces a maximum 91.5 years in prison and fines totaling more than $200,000. Sentencing is scheduled for Sept. 24.
Roberts and Burgin were scheduled for trial next week in Miami County. Paul Watkins, assistant county prosecutor, called the case "very involved” and told the court more than 60 subpoenas had been issued for trial.