Traffic issues can be reported by calling our newsroom at (937) 259-2237 or tweeting @WHIOTraffic.
Traffic conditions are updated every six minutes on 1290 and 95.7 WHIO between 5 and 9 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Major Highway Incidents
- On I-70 West near Hoke Road, only one lane is open due to construction, which is causing a backup.
Surface Street Incidents
- In the 11000 block of North Dixie Drive in Vandalia, a vehicle fire was reported around 6:35 a.m. Crews responding.
- On Ohio 49 and West Third Street in Jefferson Twp., a crash was reported around 12:35 a.m. Police, medics responding.
» RELATED: WHIO Weather App
» RELATED: Track the latest conditions in your neighborhood on our live WHIO Doppler 7 HD Interactive Radar
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
Live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.
- Due to severe tornadoes that swept through the area on Memorial Day, several roads are closed, and officials are urging drivers to avoid certain roads due to damage. You can find the list of affected roadways here.
- The intersection of Wenger Road and Hoke Road in Clayton, ROAD CLOSURE Wed. June 12 beginning at 6 a.m. until the work is finished. Crews will be replacing a pipeline.
- On Wilmington Pike, north of I-675 to Ohio 725 from Centerville to Greene County, NIGHTLY LANE CLOSURES beginning Sunday, June 9 between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. for milling and paving work. The project is expected to take two weeks. Traffic delays will be minimized as much as possible but could intermittently impact the on and off ramps at I-675.
- Crestway Drive between Southway Road and Vinewood Court, BRIDGE CLOSURE June 17 - July 8. The official detour is: Kimmel Road to Hoke Road to Wenger Road.
- On U.S. 35 East between Abbey Avenue and I-75 in Dayton, nightly lane closures May 13- August 10 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Two lanes will remain open during the roadwork.
- On I-70 in both directions between SR 49 and SR 48, Nightly lane closures from April 29 to June 28 between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. One lane will remain open during the roadwork.
- On I-675 between I-75 and Far Hills Avenue, nightly lane closures April 22 - July 15. Two lanes will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. with one lane remaining open in both directions.
- On SR 741 (Springboro Pike) between Lyons Road and Spring Valley Pike, nightly lane closures are scheduled from April 15 - July 1 between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. One lane will be open in each direction on SR 741.
- Elm Street Bridge in West Carrollton, one lane will close on April 29 for a utility pole repair. The entire bridge will be closed through the summer while they replace it. Motorists can take Mayrose Drive to Elementary Drive to avoid delays.
- Chambersburg Road from Bellefontaine Road east for approx. 2,000 feet in Huber Heights, ROAD CLOSURE, the eastbound lanes will be closed beginning April 15 for three to four months for roadway widening and pipeline maintenance. Westbound traffic will remain open. The official detour is Taylorsville Road.
- The Schantz Avenue Bridge over South Dixie Highway in Kettering, BRIDGE CLOSURE beginning Monday, April 1, for complete replacement of the bridge and the retaining wall. The project is expected to take 7 to 8 months. Detour signs are posted along the road. Drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes during peak traffic hours to avoid possible delays
- South Broadway Ramp to I-75 north and south, RAMP CLOSURE May 6 - Aug. 14. The official detour is: Germantown Street to James H. McGee Boulevard to US 35 east.
- On Washington Street in Dayton, between the U.S. 35 west exit and South Perry Street, a major reconstruction project will block parts of Washington Street into 2020. Phase one of the project blocks westbound traffic starting at South Jefferson Street. Traffic from the U.S. 35 West exit ramp will be diverted north onto South Jefferson Street toward downtown Dayton. Drivers can access South Main and South Ludlow streets from West Fifth Street.
- Foley Drive between Bristol Drive and National Road, ROAD CLOSURE, beginning March 4 until the end of June. It’s a total rebuild of Foley Drive and will consist of replacing water lines, sewer lines, gravel base, catch basins, curbs and driveway approaches. More information is available here.
- Riverview Avenue near Main Street, ROAD CLOSURE May 3 - Oct. 22. The official detour is: Southbound: SR 48 to Monument Avenue to Riverview Avenue. Northbound: SR 48 to Great Miami Boulevard to Riverview Avenue.
- Keowee Street north of Stanley Avenue, the bridge remains closed. The official detour is Keowee to Stanley to I-75 to Wagner Ford Road and back to Dixie. More information is available here.
- Possum Road between Leffel Lane and Burnett Road, BRIDGE CLOSURE June 24 - Aug. 8. The official detour is: Leffel Lane and Selma Pike.
- Plattsburg Road between US 40 and Fletcher Pike, BRIDGE CLOSURE MAY 13 - June 26. The official detour is: US 40 to SR 54 to Plattsburg Road.
- North Bechtle Avenue, south of the railroad tracks near Perry Street in Springfield, ROAD CLOSURE beginning Thur. May 23 until Fri. May 24, for an emergency rail repair. The official detour is U.S. 68.
- I-70, between U.S. 68 and 72, the traffic pattern shifts Sept. 24 through August to the outside portion of the interstate. Two lanes are available in each direction with reduced lane width.
- On Maple Avenue between Xenia Drive and Mann Avenue in Fairborn, ROAD CLOSURE beginning Wednesday, May 8 or Thursday, May 9 for roadwork. Crews hope to have the work done by next week, however, the completion is weather dependent.
- On West Second Street between South Progress Drive and South Church Street/U.S. 42 in Xenia, road construction will cause temporary lane closures and delays beginning Monday, Apr. 8 - October, 2019. The City of Xenia Engineering Division advises motorists to seek alternate routes for the duration of the project. More information is available here.
- SR 48 between Fenner Road and West Penny Road, ROAD CLOSURE June 3 - Aug. 16. The official detour is: northbound SR 48 to SR 55 to SR 718 to SR 48; southbound SR 48 to SR 718 to SR 55 to SR 48.
- Urbana Woodstock Pike between McMahill Road in Champaign County and Connor Road in Union County, ROAD CLOSURE beginning Monday, April 15 for a period of 4 to 6 weeks for the installation of a 9 foot precat concrete beam culvert.
- SR 121 between Edison Street and Martz Street, ROAD CLOSURE June 24 - July 5. The official detour is: SR 121 to US 36 to SR 127 to SR 121.
- SR 49A between W. North Street and Seminole Lane, BRIDGE CLOSURE June 17 - July 1. The official detour is: SR 49 to SR 49A.
- SR 47 between McGreevey Road and Rehmerts Run Road, BRIDGE CLOSURE July 8 - 29. The official detour is: SR 185 to SR 48 to SR 66.
- SR 118 between SR 49 and Russ Road, ROAD CLOSURE March 25 - Aug. 30. The official detour is: SR 49 to SR 47.
- Sweitzer/West Fourth streets between Pine and Sycamore streets, ROAD CLOSURE continues through May 31, 2019. The official detour is Pine Street to Washington Avenue to Broadway.
- SR 66 between East First Street and East Second Street, ROAD CLOSURE July 15- 22. The official detour is: SR 705 to SR 364 to SR 119.