Anna Local Schools, Botkins Local Schools, Celina City Schools, Coldwater Exempted Village Schools, Fairlawn Local Schools, Fort Loramie Local Schools, Hardin-Houston Local Schools, Jackson Center Local Schools, Jefferson Township Local Schools, Lehman High School, Logan County, Marion Local Schools, Miami County Public Transit, Minster Local Schools, New Bremen Local Schools, New Knoxville Local Schools, Newton Local Schools, Randolph Eastern School Corp, Randolph Southern School Corp., Russia Local Schools, Shelby Hills Preschool, Sidney City Schools, Sidney Holy Angels, St. Henry Local Schools, St. Marys City Schools, Victory Christian School-Urbana,

breaking news

Ex-Dayton police detective’s threats against Chief Biehl didn’t stop at emails

Published: Friday, February 07, 2020 @ 4:12 PM
Updated: Friday, February 07, 2020 @ 5:42 PM

Former Dayton officer jailed after threatening to shoot police chief

Threats an ex-Dayton police detective made against Chief Richard Biehl went well beyond emails, new records News Center 7 obtained show.

Those records reveal that Ginger E. Stutz, 54, exhibited a pattern of disciplinary issues, including making several attempts to reach Chief Biehl by cell phone and via text message.

RELATED: Former Dayton officer jailed after threats against chief

Content Continues Below

Stutz remains in the county jail, convicted on a charge of aggravated menacing for threatening to shoot and kill Chief Biehl. She was found guilty last month and sentenced to 180 days in jail. The court credited her with having served 34 days.

Friday afternoon, Chief Biehl told News Center 7, “We (he and his command staff) hope she will get the mental health care she needs, that we’ve been trying to get her.”

This week, Stutz refused to take advantage of a judge’s offer to help her get out of jail early.

The new documents this news organization obtained reveal multiple disciplinary issues in 2017, including a warning to follow the chain of command in emails and to stop contacting the chief directly.

In late July 2017, she was ordered to stay off the second floor of the Dayton Police Safety Building, where commanders and detectives work.

Two weeks after that, Stutz was disciplined when she was spotted on the second floor.

In November 2017, she left a voicemail on Biehl’s cell phone asking the chief to call her.

Stutz followed up that voicemail with a text message days later, saying she thought that would violate the orders she’d been given.

Stutz resigned in February 2018 for personal reasons. City officials said she resigned “under charges.”