DAYTON — Dayton Children’s have opened three drive-thru COVID-19 testing options Miami Valley.
Parents of any child, ages 0 to 21, with a physician’s order for a COVID-19 test can come to one of the drive-thrus located at:
- 884 Valley Street, Dayton – down the street from the main hospital
- 3300 West Tech Road, Springboro — directly across the street from the Dayton Children’s south campus
- 865 West Market Street, Troy – behind the Troy outpatient care center
“This option is quicker and easier for families,” says Ben Goodstein, vice president of Ambulatory Services. “It has the added benefit of reducing exposure – both to the child who is sick and others in the hospital.”
Drive-thru testing has been available for children who needed to be tested prior to surgery.
“Now that we have expanded our testing capacity, we are able to offer this convenient service to all families,"says Melanie Wilson, senior director of Medical Imaging and Laboratory Services.
“It was so quick and easy,” says Elizabeth Schenking, a mom who brought her son to get a pre-procedure test during the first phase of drive-up testing. “While Ethan was nervous when we initially got there, afterward, he just laughed and said it wasn’t so bad.” In fact, Ethan said it just felt like his “brain had been tickled!”
Parents should note that prior to taking their children to one of the drive-thru testing centers, they should know the following:
- Must have a physician’s order – this can be sent electronically or a paper copy presented at time of test
- Bring insurance information
- Wear a mask
Testing hours can be found at childrensdayton.org.