Traffic issues can be reported by calling our newsroom at (937) 259-2237 or tweeting @WHIOTraffic.
Traffic conditions are updated every six minutes on 1290 and 95.7 WHIO between 5 and 9 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Major Highway Incidents
No incidents were reported.
Surface Street Incidents
No incidents were reported.
» RELATED: WHIO Weather App
» RELATED: Track the latest conditions in your neighborhood on our live WHIO Doppler 7 HD Interactive Radar
Ongoing Construction & Other Closures
Live look at highways on our traffic cameras here.
Latest traffic conditions are also available on our traffic map.
- In downtown Dayton, several roads will be closed from Thursday, May 23 until Sunday, May 25, due to security preparations for a planned rally. You can find the list of streets that will be closed and affected bus routes here.
- US 35 east Ramp to I-75 north, ramp closure May 6 through June 12. The suggested ODOT detour is: US 35 east to I-75 south to Edwin C. Moses Boulevard turnaround to I-75 north.
- On U.S. 35 East between Abbey Avenue and I-75 in Dayton, nightly lane closures May 13- August 10 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Two lanes will remain open during the roadwork.
- On I-70 in both directions between SR 49 and SR 48, Nightly lane closures from April 29 to June 28 between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. One lane will remain open during the roadwork.
- On I-675 between I-75 and Far Hills Avenue, nightly lane closures April 22 - July 15. Two lanes will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. with one lane remaining open in both directions.
- East Dixie Drive between the railroad overpass east of Dryden Road and Ohio 741 in West Carrollton, LANE CLOSURE beginning Thursday, May 16 until Friday, May 24. The project will require one lane closure at a time.
- I-75 over I-70, LANE CLOSURES, on May 30th between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. for annual bridge inspections. One lane will remain open during the inspections.
- On SR 725 between Springboro Pike and Normandy Lane, overnight construction May 23 - 31 will cause lane closures. One lane will remain open in each direction.
- On SR 741 (Springboro Pike) between Lyons Road and Spring Valley Pike, nightly lane closures are scheduled from April 15 - July 1 between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. One lane will be open in each direction on SR 741.
- Elm Street Bridge in West Carrollton, one lane will close on April 29 for a utility pole repair. The entire bridge will be closed through the summer while they replace it. Motorists can take Mayrose Drive to Elementary Drive to avoid delays.
- Chambersburg Road from Bellefontaine Road east for approx. 2,000 feet in Huber Heights, ROAD CLOSURE, the eastbound lanes will be closed beginning April 15 for three to four months for roadway widening and pipeline maintenance. Westbound traffic will remain open. The official detour is Taylorsville Road.
- The Schantz Avenue Bridge over South Dixie Highway in Kettering, BRIDGE CLOSURE beginning Monday, April 1, for complete replacement of the bridge and the retaining wall. The project is expected to take 7 to 8 months. Detour signs are posted along the road. Drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes during peak traffic hours to avoid possible delays
- South Broadway Ramp to I-75 north and south, RAMP CLOSURE May 6 - Aug. 14. The official detour is: Germantown Street to James H. McGee Boulevard to US 35 east.
- On Washington Street in Dayton, between the U.S. 35 west exit and South Perry Street, a major reconstruction project will block parts of Washington Street into 2020. Phase one of the project blocks westbound traffic starting at South Jefferson Street. Traffic from the U.S. 35 West exit ramp will be diverted north onto South Jefferson Street toward downtown Dayton. Drivers can access South Main and South Ludlow streets from West Fifth Street.
- Foley Drive between Bristol Drive and National Road, ROAD CLOSURE, beginning March 4 until the end of June. It’s a total rebuild of Foley Drive and will consist of replacing water lines, sewer lines, gravel base, catch basins, curbs and driveway approaches. More information is available here.
- Riverview Avenue near Main Street, ROAD CLOSURE May 3 - Oct. 22. The official detour is: Southbound: SR 48 to Monument Avenue to Riverview Avenue. Northbound: SR 48 to Great Miami Boulevard to Riverview Avenue.
- Keowee Street north of Stanley Avenue, the bridge remains closed. The official detour is Keowee to Stanley to I-75 to Wagner Ford Road and back to Dixie. More information is available here.
- North Bechtle Avenue, south of the railroad tracks near Perry Street in Springfield, ROAD CLOSURE beginning Thur. May 23 until Fri. May 24, for an emergency rail repair. The official detour is U.S. 68.
- I-70, between U.S. 68 and 72, the traffic pattern shifts Sept. 24 through August to the outside portion of the interstate. Two lanes are available in each direction with reduced lane width.
- On Maple Avenue between Xenia Drive and Mann Avenue in Fairborn, ROAD CLOSURE beginning Wednesday, May 8 or Thursday, May 9 for roadwork. Crews hope to have the work done by next week, however, the completion is weather dependent.
- On West Second Street between South Progress Drive and South Church Street/U.S. 42 in Xenia, road construction will cause temporary lane closures and delays beginning Monday, Apr. 8 - October, 2019. The City of Xenia Engineering Division advises motorists to seek alternate routes for the duration of the project. More information is available here.
- On U.S. 43 between Brush Row and Bickett Roads, LANE CLOSURES, beginning Monday May 6 - Friday, May 31 from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m for sidewalk installation. Arrow boards and/or signs will alert motorists of the upcoming restrictions
- Urbana Woodstock Pike between McMahill Road in Champaign County and Connor Road in Union County, ROAD CLOSURE beginning Monday, April 15 for a period of 4 to 6 weeks for the installation of a 9 foot precat concrete beam culvert.
- SR 118 between SR 49 and Russ Road, ROAD CLOSURE March 25 - Aug. 30. The official detour is: SR 49 to SR 47.
- Sweitzer/West Fourth streets between Pine and Sycamore streets, ROAD CLOSURE continues through May 31, 2019. The official detour is Pine Street to Washington Avenue to Broadway.
- SR 725 between SR 732 and U.S. 127, ROAD CLOSURE June 3-June 7 to replace a culvert. The official detour is U.S. 127 to Camden College Corner Road to state Route 732.
- SR 219 between Behm Road and County Line Road, BRIDGE CLOSURE Apr. 22 - May 25. The official detour is: US 127 to SR 247 to SR 364.
- US 127 between SR 707 and Dutton Road, BRIDGE CLOSURE May 28 - June 18. The official detour is: US 33 to SR 118 to SR 81.
- Fort Loramie Swanders Road between CR25A (Sidney) and Thompsonschiff Road, ROAD CLOSURE Apr. 22 - May 27. The official detour is: CR 25A to Sharp Road to Thompsonschiff Road to Ft. Loramie Swanders Road.