log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 @ 7:46 PM
Updated: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 @ 9:14 PM
By: Breaking News Staff
SPRINGFIELD — As many as two residents escaped a fire Tuesday night that severely damaged a duplex on East Northern Avenue in Springfield.
Fire crews responded to the home in the 800 block around 6:35 p.m., per initial reports.
Springfield Fire Capt. Alexander tells us the preliminary investigation points toward a cigarette or other smoking material left unattended as the cause of the fire.
Crews found flames showing in the front of the residence when they arrived, he said.
No injuries were reported, he said.
Damage estimates were not immediately available.