2 people ‘severely injured’ after spark starts fire at Butler County business

Published: Monday, July 22, 2019 @ 2:02 PM

Crews responded to a fire that was reported at about 1:05 p.m. on Monday, July 22, 2019, at Hamilton Boat and RV Storage in the 4200 block of Trenton Road. There were reports of at least one injury.

Three people were injured Monday afternoon during a fire at a Butler County business.

The fire was reported at about 1:05 p.m. at Hamilton Boat and RV Storage in the 4200 block of Trenton Road.

The initial investigation showed that a spark from a machine in the business started the fire, according to Butler County Sheriff's spokeswoman Kim Peters. 

Content Continues Below

Two people were “severely injured,” and a third suffered smoke inhalation injuries. All three were transported to local hospitals.

Officials worked to coordinate with a medical helicopter to aid in transport from the scene, according to emergency dispatch traffic, but determined it could not fly.

Officials reported the fire out at about 1:30 p.m.